Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 Free Offers - Are the free offers real?

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 09:53 PM)
Mosshead
Apprentice
Options

OK,

So I have recently (last week or so) become the owner of a Z Fold 4.  Which I love so far.

I went to John Lewis in Glasgow to check out the phone where I was informed that if I bought it there I would qualify for free earbuds and a case. I was told that Vodafone 'should' also honour this.

After my purchase with Vodafone, I entered all of my information correctly to the free offer portal. The online system didn't recognise my model no.  I have done several times for that one and the following ones.

I have just had an online chat with Kiell (chat reference: #75449380 for your info Samsung.)  Kiell was very helpful with the limited and apparently wrong information that he/she had.

I have been told variously that my model doesn't qualify for the earbuds but does qualify for a free Samsung watch then it was free Samsung Note Pack and S pen, charger and case (Kiell.) Activation of this offer failed while I was still on the conversation with Kiell.

So what's the deal Samsung?

Do we have so many serial numbers for these phones that a controlled, limited number of individual devices actually qualify? Do you make it so difficult that eventually consumers will get frustrated and give up? Usually me but not this time.

I am a long term buyer of Samsung devices and a champion of the phones but this kind of business really ticks me off!  

I have bought one of Samsung's flagship devices and spent hours in the last week or two trying claim one of the 'free' offers apparently available to me.

I am asking users on here with similar experiences to call it out because it seems to me that unless you are standing in a retail outlet giving your credit card details and getting the hard sell from a sales person then you are going to really struggle to claim any of these offers.

I'm going to post this online with moneysavingexpert.com, I will post screen shots of the chat where Kiell directs me to a link where I can pay £89.99 for the offer that I couldn't get to work while online with him/her.

it is not good enough and really disappointing Samsung.

9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You'd normally need to put in your IMEI number and proof of purchase
I have posted a couple of links you need

The Buds 2 Pro you can claim here if you bought before the 29th September
https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/buds2prooffer

The S Pen case you can claim here
https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/2022-note-pack/en-GB/claim/get-started

Some promotions have the Watch as the promotion. But I don't currently have a link for this
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just to add to @Glenntech 's post the Watch promotion is here, needs to  have be purchased between 30 September and 31 October from participating  retailer which Vodafone is.  https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/october_watch/en-GB 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Lol looks like I just copied and pasted from your post. I'll delete mine, too slow.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you managed to move on with this and claim the promotional items your purchase allows @Mosshead  using the links supplied by @JAMES4578  and @Glenntech  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mosshead
Apprentice
Options

I will try each of those this evening.  I realise that I only qualify for one so I will attempt the buds first as I would really like them.

On the issue of the IMEI, I am definitely putting the correct number in.  My purchase date is 26th Sept.

The only details I am unsure about is the Sale reference number.  I have an order number (beginning EDM-0000000 plus 9 digits after this) and a device plan reference number (beginning 100 plus 7 digits after this.)  I have gone back through the various pages to try both but still not accepted.

Like I say I'll try the buds first and if that doesn't work I'll try any other recommended here afterwards and will update on here.

Many thanks so far.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the promotions are available, then claim.
Looks like you can claim for both the case and Buds
Proof of purchase number should be on the receipt, but maybe confirm with Vodafone that you have the correct number
Can also try a different Internet browser to see if that works as some have had issues with certain browsers
0 Likes
Mosshead
Apprentice
Options

I have submitted an application for the buds from the link sent by Glenntech. Thank you Glenntech.

It is far from the easy-ish process that the general links take you to.

Put some numbers in, when did you buy, IMEI number etc.

No.

You have to download and save various files then upload them to the site in a specific format. 

Is this easy for everybody?

We'll see.

What's the deal? Should I apply for all of them? Do I get the lowest value item that I have applied for. Is there a time limit? I want the buds so should I just leave it at that one application? 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

@Mosshead, although this is subjective, the process is generally very straightforward and claims can be submitted within a few minutes. It would make sense to make separate claims for the promotions to which you are entitled. We wouldn't want you to miss out.

You can read more about the requirements for one of the promotions here:

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/2022-note-pack/en-GB/support

In general, if you have made a note of your IMEI and serial number, and have retained a copy of your proof of purchase (especially if you are claiming for separate promotions), I would suggest that you will find this very user-friendly. It becomes even easier after submitting each claim, as there tends to be a bit of overlap in how you complete a claim.

Crucially, your proof of purchase should contain the following:

• Product purchased.
  • Retailer name/logo.
  • Purchase date.

You can take a clear picture of this or store it on your phone as a PDF. 

As long as your order qualifies based on the purchase date, and you follow the claim criteria (always stated on the promotion page), you will get all the gifts to which you are entitled. 🎁

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If your eligible. Apply for them all.
They will tell you if you get accepted.
Somethings the IMEI number is not accepted, do a screenshot of it and you will be able to upload this
If multiple promotions are part of your purchase. Then definitely apply for them all
0 Likes