Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 3

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 10:30 AM)
Members_eRpCVeR
Journeyman
Options

DO NOT BUY!!!!

My wife was using her phone whilst in bed, closed it and put it down. When she picked it up again there was a solid white line about 5mm above the fold, and the top screen was unresponsive. Sent it to Samsung (TMT) and received a quote last night for £309 for "out of warranty" damage to the screen.

I asked them for photographs as I was expecting this, having had a similar issue with my Galaxy Tab 7, when they claimed the screen was cracked but I know it wasn't. They sent me photos of the phone where there are a few scratches on the only part of the phone that is not protected by a case. They also sent me a photograph showing a scratch across the camera, but it is a scratch on the factory fitted protector that is still on the phone. Neither of these (in my opinion) would cause a problem with the screen, but they are refusing to repair.

I contacted BBC Watchdog last night regarding this because it seems to me that there is clearly a design flaw with this phone and Samsung are refusing to address it.

I will never buy a Samsung product again after the two bad experiences I have had with them. I used to be an iPhone user, and if this had been an iPhone I know their customer service centre would have repaired / replaced this phone.

It seems that Samsung are not interested in their customers and once they have your money they don't care

6 REPLIES 6
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Can you fold glass ?? LCD screens are similar and work well on a flat surface. Continus bending will cause damage.
0 Likes
Members_eRpCVeR
Journeyman
Options

Considering it is sold as a folding phone, you would expect it be be ok when it is folded. It seems that this is a big issue as it is all over Facebook and on here, but Samsung use small print not to repair them.

Because the outer case has a few scratches it invalidates the warranty as warranty repairs are not allowed if there is a scratch anywhere. I mean, how can someone have a phone for 8 months and it still be in pristine showroom condition. And yes, this phone was kept in a case from day one

allanh1971
First Poster
Options
Had same problem with wife's phone tmt first wanted £340 to fix problems that appeared from somewhere it nulled my warranty but not paying £340 for a phoe that cost over £1200 9mths ago
0 Likes
Members_eRpCVeR
Journeyman
Options

It's a complete con. I will take them to the small claims if I have to. £309 to repair a phone because of a faulty screen and because it has few scratches. They even sent a picture of a superficial scratch near the camera that was actually on the factory fitted screen protector. I mean, how can a scratch on the case cause the screen to go faulty? Complete con artists who need to be exposed.

My case is currently with one of their inspection team and they will come back to me in a week, but I know what the outcome will be. I cannot put into words how annoyed I am

0 Likes
Tazuk
Journeyman
Options
Had the same issue bit of a design issue that TMT are using to make money. I've seen people posting on here they have reported to BBC watchdog. I've just done sane, u never know if they get enough stories they may investigate.
0 Likes
LWill
First Poster
Options
I am going to contact them
0 Likes