Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 3 Screen protector and warranty contradiction

(Topic created on: 06-06-2022 10:15 AM)
Danielwhitt
Explorer
Options

Hello. 

So I've got a new Z Fold 3 on the way and I've been worrying about the factory fitted screen protector and warranty. 

Some people says it invalidates your warranty if removed, some say it's only invalidates if you damage it while removing and the. People say they can't claim on there warranty for screen issues when removed. 

So I've checked the Samsung website and its day that we are able to replace our screen protectors ourselves which from what I've read, goes against everything including the warning when the phone is first started ? 

Anyone want to shed any light on this 

Ceers Dan 

26 REPLIES 26
Danielwhitt
Explorer
Options
I'm desperate to put my new screen protector on, but I'm waiting until the factory fitted one come off before I do. Glad to hear it comes off easily, a bit like the z flip, literally pulled off withput any hesitation.
SBasha
Journeyman
Options
The screen feels pretty well made and whilst not gorilla glass strong doesn't feel flimsy or easily damaged so provided you don't fling it into your bag unfolded or use the spen with brute force then it should be pretty safe. All the same I will be looking to source a protector anyway for those inevitable "doh" moments
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My pleasure @SBasha  👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

android21
Journeyman
Options

Well lets shed some recent updates on this one. I had an issue with the inner screen protector on my Z fold 3 bubbling up from no fault of my own . So i went to samsung KX to get it replaced, to my horror they said the screen protector that comes with the phone is not covered under warranty so they will need to charge me £30 for a replacement, note i have had the phone since November and is still in warranty. Having to pay that £30 for a replacement for something that's a manufacturer's fault has left a very bad taste in my mouth from samsung, with the initial false advertising that came with the device. As it claims to void the warranty if the screen proctector is removed, as it goes the flipping screen protector wasn't bloody covered in the first place. Will Apple which i hate by the way, behave like that or will they just go ahead and replace the screen protector free of charge. Its things like this that make customers walk

Danielwhitt
Explorer
Options

I'm glad I've got Samsung care+ so I shouldn't have any issues, either way, ill be changing my own screen protector when the need arises

0 Likes
Kojak48
Student
Options

I was told to take mine to bestbuy to fix the problem with the factory installed screen protector. So I went the to bestbuy they told me. Bestbuy said they never got the machine from Samsung to fix the problem. They said they have been trying to get the machine for months. I then was told to take to ubreakifix. I called them and they said the same thing. I called Samsung again they told me to ship the phone to them. I was upset about the need to do that because I would be without my phone for a week or longer. They said it was the only option. They said not to worry it's under warranty so it will be fixed for free. I shipped the phone. Now today is day 3.. I got an email which I included a screen shot of. They are claiming that there is a scratch on the bezel of the screen and therefore it is damaged and will cost me 518.00 to fix the problem with their screen protectors not just the inside screen protector but outside too. I have never had a problem with Samsung fixing a problem under warranty before I have had them since galaxy S3. I think it's time for samsung to change their name to Scamsung, and for me to find a manufacturer that stands behind their products and warranty. There is no damage anywhere on that phone. Not one scratch. Even if there was it is crazy to think you won't fix a defect with your device under warranty for a scratch. I really hope someone sues them over this issue. 

Screenshot_20220623-152345.jpg

SBasha
Journeyman
Options
Wow. Looks like they're suggesting the inner screen is scratched which is a big bill on Fold type phones presently.. The screen scratches and the screen protector don't come under warranty apparently (at least that's my takeaway from my numerous conversations with "support").. I had a care+ insurance which also was a joke (excess was over 100gbp and no same day service).. Hope you get your phone back/fixed.
0 Likes
SBasha
Journeyman
Options
The screen protector comes off easily (I found this out after a similar poor customer "support" experience) . Also the inner screen doesn't feel delicate or easily scratched.. It reminds me of the screens on old pre gorilla glass phones.. Pressing a key or sharp pen on it would definitely scratch/damage it but I doubt you could damage it just peeling off the screen protector unless you really careless. I haven't tried installing my own screen protector yet.. On my to do list.. But for now the inner screen looks and feels great without the bubbling protector on it.
0 Likes
android21
Journeyman
Options
Well I was initially was charged £30 by Samsung KX for a inner screen protector replacement then I called up Samsung complaints department who later said I should not have been charged for a replacement screen protector and I was refunded, just a few days ago.
I mean this screen protector issue has many still confused and not believing what Samsung say with regards to their factory installed screen protectors. Rightly so in my opinion.
To air on the side of caution, I would advice you not to remove the screen protector yourself... Let Samsung do it so if any issues arise you can always hold them responsible...
android21
Journeyman
Options
Samsung Care also has some horrible hidden service fees