Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 3 screen not changing

(Topic created on: 26-04-2022 12:25 AM)
Kitwit95
Student
Options

Evening all. Had a sudden strange issue with my fold... when I unfold it, it doesn't change from the cover screen to the main screen. The cover screen stays lit and tough-sensitive. I've tried a soft reset and noticed the main screen still works because it lights up during the rest. Its as if the phone isn't recognising that it's transitioning from one position to another so isn't adjusting the screen. Anyone able to help? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kitwit95
Student
Options
Factory reset didn't work. What it turned out to be was my phone case. I have a magnetic pouch on the back for the pen and as soon as I lifted the magnet away it switched screens. I had to do that every time I wanted to switch screens for a while but the issue has completely resolved now

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm not aware of any setting that would do this @Kitwit95 

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

Just to ensure nothing downloaded in causing this please use > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If it continues then you could try a factory reset but I'm not convinced that would help. Back up beforehand however.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Sickdead
First Poster
Options

It's happening to my zfold 3 too. Did factory reset helped? 

Solution
Kitwit95
Student
Options
Factory reset didn't work. What it turned out to be was my phone case. I have a magnetic pouch on the back for the pen and as soon as I lifted the magnet away it switched screens. I had to do that every time I wanted to switch screens for a while but the issue has completely resolved now
0 Likes
Andy520
Student
Options

I encountered exact the same problem as you mentioned. The problem just occured yesterday. I am using Fold 3

howtokev
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issues and it was not the cause of a magnetic case. Even when out of case it won't transition screens.

A fix for this would be great. I am not sure if it is hardware related or not.

grrvin
Student
Options

I just encountered the same problem. Have soft rebooted, removed the case, cleared the phone's cache. Nothing worked. Did you get this resolved?

0 Likes