Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 3 cracking along fold after less than a year of use

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 03:49 PM)
sewall74
First Poster
Options

Samsung z fold 3 owned less than a year developing crack along crease line. Repair place said this is common....and they have a "limited lifespan" no matter how carefully you use them. Im up for a class action. Im so so angry. After im out of warranty this  is a 500$ repair. 

21 REPLIES 21
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your best off asking on the community forum in the U.S
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Community/ct-p/us

What I will say is that its usually the screen protector, and there are alternatives.
If the screen still works ok
Third party sellers like Whitestone Dome do a screen protector replacement.
Only thing is I'd have the one on the phone removed by a professional personally.
But I know others have just peeled it off
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I thought Samsung advice is NOT to use any screen protector
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not on the top of the one installed.
Naturally it's advised to have Samsung install a genuine one by the recommended installer. Which is what I would do.
But once out of warranty it doesn't matter then
0 Likes
ihatemyfone
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Hinata1
Apprentice
Options

I have replaced my screen once already and now I have more cracks. I have to say I am disappointed 😞.  My phone is also less than a yea. And honestly I'd trade it in if I wasn't gonna loose an arm and a leg. 

Hinata1
Apprentice
Options

I agree, when I got the phone it came with a warning not to use any screen protectors. 

0 Likes
DocJeff
Explorer
Options

My Z-Fold was purchased 5 months ago from Samsung directly since they sent me a "Loyal Customer" offer. I was allowed to trade in my Galaxy Note 20 for credit towards this Z-Fold. I sent in my Note 20 when I received this Z-Fold. Loved the Z-Fold until the dreaded black line started out of nowhere. I never dropped it and it was fully encased with the Samsung cover with Note pen. It happened while on a plane and simply opened it. Throughout the 4 hour flight....the black line eventually turned into a 1-inch black zone and unresponsive on the right side. I started a service request within 24 hours. I sent it in and had the dreaded email and phone call stating..."we are unable to repair and it has been determined that this damage is from "non-warranty damage"....WHAT??? I am without a phone since I traded my Note 20 in and now Samsung is deflecting the design flaw as if I threw against the wall while the phone was open and some how caused damage as the crease!!?? B.S. Samsung!!! What a loser company. I can't wait for the multi-million dollar class action lawsuit. 

hhayslett
First Poster
Options

Just started noticing a what looks like a scratch across the middle of my Galaxy Flip 3 screen.  I thought it was only the crease, but I can feel it now.  Yea, super excited about this failure... luckily the screen still works, but I know it's only a matter of time.  I was hoping v3 would have worked out the reliability and durability of the folding screen... guess not.

M0mmaP
First Poster
Options

Same. Been trying to get my phone fixed under warranty for 3 months. Local place that Asurion sent me to refused to fix it under warranty or on insurance claim, after they have me the runaround for weeks. The only way they'll fix it is if I pay out of pocket. I refuse. I would love to talk to someone about a class action suit. 

0 Likes