Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 3 battery not a problem

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 09:40 AM)
Jp46
Pioneer
Options

Charge my z fold 3 to 100% and use my phone frequently and everything turned on, data 120hz ECT and at 6pm my battery is at 40%., so I don't think battery drain Is a problem for me. (I own my own business so does get used quite regularly) and open the main display frequently to do multi-tasking ECT) 

6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same for me.
I think a lot of all those reports about bad battery life are from reviewers that get a few minutes or an hour to play with the phone.
Then assume because the battery is smaller than last year, it's going to be bad.
Fact is the battery life has been good in the just over three weeks I've had the phone.
Only once it didn't last the day. That was because I was testing it and deliberately trying to drain it faster to see what it could do.
Like you I leave the adaptive display on all the time with always on display on. No battery saving settings on.
Paying a premium price for it and want to use all the performance it has.
Jp46
Pioneer
Options
Same here
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's great to hear you experiencing some good usage time's from your Fold³  👍

As I've mentioned before usage stats in regards to Battery and screen on times is a subjective topic because we all use our phone's differently and set them up differently, use different app's and have different signal connection strengths.

The key is to let the phone optimise and learn your usage pattern.

The batteries are also new so would reach their optimum output after a few charge and discharge cycles.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

I got 5 hours of SOT which is about the same as s21 ultra. I am now switching 5g off and set refresh rate to 60hz hoping the battery will last a bit longer.

Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
Battery life is perfectly fine
My galaxy note 20 ultra was worse by a Mile
Which made me get the mi 11 ultra which also was lucky to get 5hrs SOT
Constantly getting 6hrs+ which presently surprised me :smiling-face:
Hated my note 20 ultra and gw3 but happy to say the fold 3 and gw4 has won me back
pmvision
First Poster
Options

I've been charging my GZF3 battery about every third day.  It's not my daily driver though, I use an S21 for that.
The Fold is my "landline" replacement device that I can take with me.  It replaces my series of Notes; 20, 10 & 9.  Which replaced a Galaxy TAB, which replaced an UMPC, which replaced a Sammy Netbook, which replaced my beloved Psion 3 series.  Finally, I have something that is as awesome as the Psion was 😉

I start charging at around 15% and pause it, via settings, at 85%.  Takes about an hour using the fast charge module.  So, no battery problems here.

0 Likes