Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z FOLD 3 5G SM-F926B/DS scrolling issue following latest AUJ7 update

(Topic created on: 06-11-2021 12:17 AM)
Members_UcgGG1e
First Poster
Options

Hello there, 

I installed the latest software update on 05/11/21 on my z fold 3 5G and scrolling with my finger on the inner screen does not work properly anymore. Scrolling is lagging and I am sure it has nothing to do with the refreshing rate as it has to do with how scrolling speed and distance matches that of your finger travelling on the surface of the display. It is sluggish. Move too fast and it sometimes scrolls all the way down the page at high speed. Otherwise moving your finger slower results in very slow scrolling as what is on the display moves a quarter of the distance your finger actually travels across the screen! It makes anything that requires scrolling up, down, or to the side incredibly uncomfortable as it is difficult to control.

I am with O2uk. Model SM-F926B/DS android build RP1A.200720.012. F926BXXU1AUJ7

Does anybody have the same issue? I wiped the cache partition but nothing has changed.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Ukiyoe1337
Journeyman
Options

Same issue, no on to help me? 

0 Likes
teats
First Poster
Options
Same issue here phone picked up by Samsung surprisingly? This issue is not covered by warranty so I'm just waiting gir the full report I'll keep you posted it's obviously a common fault
0 Likes
teats
First Poster
Options
Very expensive phone for this kind of issue especially seeing it isn't a one off
0 Likes
SombatK
First Poster
Options

That happened to me with Chrome browser only...

0 Likes
Mark Robinson1
First Poster
Options

I've also had another problem with some web pages that seem to be larger than the screen. Usually with buttons at the bottom needing to be pressed to move off the page. Unable to scroll these pages at all. Anyone else having similar problems?

noaname
First Poster
Options

Im getting a reverse scrolling issue, if I swipe up to scroll down fast enough, the page bounces and scrolls up instead

Matt73160
First Poster
Options

<span;>Problem appeared immediately after a software update for the phone.

<span;>Reverse scrolling issue occurs surprisingly often for such an expensive phone, and it is not intermittent but rather reliably reproducible. It can be seen in the system UI and additionally in some apps. For example when swiping up to scroll down a list, the list will initially scroll down as it should, but when I lift my finger from the screen (as a "flick" or instead by gently and smoothly lifting) the scrolling list immediately reverses direction and continues to "coast" in the opposite direction from my gesture, which often brings me back to the start of the list. The only way to avoid this to move my finger very very slowly and deliberately when scrolling, which obviously takes an extremely long time to perform (relative to the expected and typical response on a phone without this problem) 

<span;>There may be errors in this post, as I had to copy from this comment box to my notes app to finish writing this (because my cursor keeps jumping to another place within the comment box), and then copy it back to the webpage with the comment box to submit.

0 Likes
Members_Kyp3PQT
First Poster
Options

I have also started having this problem too. I updated a few days or so ago and when I fold open to the phone the screen goes nuts. It started slowly (screen wouldn't accept any input) and I just restarted the phone or close the phone to switch back to single screen, which is working fine. But it has since gotten worse and as soon as I open the phone the screen it is as if an invisible hand is trying to scroll the screen but is stuck half way through scrolling and I am unable to make any inputs (scroll or press anything or bring up any menus) so am forced to close the phone and then reopen.

I am also on o2uk, model SM-F926B/DS

I thought it might be my screen protector having some effect on the screen (which I am getting replaced in a day or two) but I can only imagine this is to do with the latest update.

0 Likes
Neapolitaner
Student
Options
Same issue with fold 4 and I can't even read the full post here as it keeps going up and down.
0 Likes