Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z FOLD 3 5G SM-F926B/DS scrolling issue following latest AUJ7 update

(Topic created on: 07-11-2021 04:42 PM)
Members_UcgGG1e
First Poster
Options

Hello there, 

I installed the latest software update on 05/11/21 on my z fold 3 5G and scrolling with my finger on the inner screen does not work properly anymore. Scrolling is lagging and I am sure it has nothing to do with the refreshing rate as it has to do with how scrolling speed and distance matches that of your finger travelling on the surface of the display. It is sluggish. Move too fast and it sometimes scrolls all the way down the page at high speed. Otherwise moving your finger slower results in very slow scrolling as what is on the display moves a quarter of the distance your finger actually travels across the screen! It makes anything that requires scrolling up, down, or to the side incredibly uncomfortable as it is difficult to control.

I am with O2uk. Model SM-F926B/DS android build RP1A.200720.012. F926BXXU1AUJ7

Does anybody have the same issue? I wiped the cache partition but nothing has changed.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
SmoothTalk
First Poster
Options

I, too, am getting this. It feels sluggish when scrolling some of the time. Responsiveness often returns to where the screen will move at the same rate as my finger, but then slow down again randomly.

At first I thought this was due to the apps, but restarting the phone and clearing the cache didn't work. It is present across all applications and features within the phone itself. I am glad someone else is experiencing this as well. I thought I was going crazy since there was nothing online over the past couple of days.

Z Fold 3, Model SM-F926U1, One UI 3.1.1, Android build RP1A.200720.012.F926U1UEU1AUJ5

0 Likes
Members_UcgGG1e
First Poster
Options

I did not mention that this only happens with the inner display. Is it the same for you?

And yes, the problem lies with the OS as it affects everything. It started immediately after the latest update, never had this issue before. 

I would appreciate somebody sharing a fix, or Samsung addressing the issue directly. As far as I am concerned, this is really spoiling the Zfold 3 experience. I love the phone but this problem is incredibly annoying. 

0 Likes
Members_UcgGG1e
First Poster
Options

I also noticed that switching displays "fixes" the issue... For 30 seconds... 

0 Likes
Members_Zt91uiJ
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.... glad that I am not the only one....

I am getting this on both displays. Even when I am scrolling very slowly, everything stutters and is not smooth at all.. 

0 Likes
Jinkky
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. A delay in scrolling, this is slower than the scrolling of the finger. Has anyone solved this problem?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jinkky: Can you confirm if you have Adaptive selected for your screen refresh rate in Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness, to allow for smoother animations and scrolling? If so, are you encountering the delays in a particular app, or in the main UI? 

0 Likes
Jinkky
Journeyman
Options

Yes, it's on adaptive. But I see the problem even if I set a standard.
I see this input lag on many apps. chrome, samsung browser, in the system settings. I noticed that if I turn the display off and on again, the problem disappears and then reappears after some time. I attach a video:   https://imgur.com/a/iaKpvsU

0 Likes
Jinkky
Journeyman
Options

Updated today with a November 1st patch, input lag seems to have disappeared for now.

0 Likes
phantomrad
First Poster
Options
Anyone getting reverse scrolling?