Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 2 5G Case recommendations

(Topic created on: 18-09-2020 08:58 AM)
Paule3
Pioneer
Options

As we all know, the Galaxy Z fold2 doesn't ship with a full protection case as with the original Fold. Samsung does sell an expensive half-baked (literally) case which doesn't offer full protection. 

This means before/after getting your device you'll end up trawling through the internet looking for available cases. 

Would be nice to have members thoughts on any current or future cases for the  Z Fold2...
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
JAMESCUNNY17
Pioneer
Options
Haven't been able to find anything as of yet seem to be few and far between
0 Likes
Seemo
Apprentice
Options
I was going to consider the noreve pouch when it comes out. They do one for the original Fold, obviously it won't fit, but gives you an idea. Trouble is it just looks bulky, although smart. I'm not sure I would be happy with half protection either.
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
I've got the Samsung Aramid Case but only covers the camera half of the phone so using a Shocksock pouch to give full protection when outside. Got my eye on the Spigen thin fit case (showing on US Spigen site) but it's not out until near end of October so got a month to see what other cases come out...Not sure why, but this is the worst phone I've seen being released with very few good cases.
0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Olixar Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G Genuine Leather Case - Black... Looks the best phone case so far...leather, thin and covers front and back... Cases seem to be popping up on eBay...Looks to be the same case Olixar are selling but with a big price difference
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I do not have a galaxy fold 2 however i have seen that there is a clear spigen 2 part cover. If i were you i would get that cover plus a thin glass for the camera module and a glass protector for the outer screen

0 Likes
Fabb99R
First Poster
Options
There are a few available on Amazon and Ebay. No big, original brands though just the ones that look like the original Samsung case. The difference is that they are two parts cases meaning there is also protection for the front screen. I can send you a link to the one I got if you want.
0 Likes
Svarog
First Poster
Options

Combination of Samsung leather case (back) and Spigen Ultra at the front.

0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
I do love the Fold 2, a great improvement over the Fold but the design and lack of suitable case is appalling... Why bundly headphones most ppl don't want but not a case.

What I really really HATE is without a case, the phone lays diagonal so typing on a flat surface is rubbish, I really wanted to send it back.

I bought a few 2 piece cases on ebay but with the front attached you can't actually get to the edge of the screen, so very irritating and a waste if money. Also, the middle where the hinge is is raised when the phone is opened so rocks from side to side.

I have settled for a clear back only, it sits at an angle but better. It seems to protect the camera as well..

None of the above cases are an issue when using in hand, but I often use it flat.

I see spigen have launched an expensive case that covers the hinge. They are normally decent cases but don't want to spend 70 just in case.

Following this thread with interest.
0 Likes