Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip5 WIFI performance

(Topic created on: 06-08-2023 07:31 PM)
LtDan
Student
Options
I have a brand new Z Flip5 and the WIafI seems terrible, constant dropping back to data, very low connectivity unless access poi t is very close and in line of sight. Very frustrating. Never had any of these issues with my Z Flip3.
Anyone else having issues? 
Is this a known problem?
Nothing else in my house had an issue with WiFi connectivity.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
NickyC
First Poster
Options

Same here.  Even when I'm next to the router, it can randomly disconnect and takes a while to reconnect again.  I'm from Asia.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@LtDan @NickyC: To begin with, please press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the device and address any temporary software issues that might be a contributing factor. Don't worry this won't affect your personal data or settings. Now, please unplug your router at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for the calibration process to complete.

Following these steps, please head to Setting > Connections > Wi-Fi > On > Tap the cog symbol to the right of the router, select 'Forget', toggle Wi-Fi off, then on again, then run through the steps as laid out above. While you're here, tap the 3 dots in the top right > Intelligent Wi-Fi > Switch to mobile data > Off > Turn Wi-Fi on/off automatically > Off.

If the problem persists, please head to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, however please be aware that this will reset any personal settings for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Mobile Data. I also recommend attempting to connect to another Wi-Fi router, a friend or family members, as this will help to determine if the problem lies with the phone, or the router itself. 

LtDan
Student
Options
@AndrewL - thanks for the info but unfortunately tried all that first. I have worked out how to turn on WIFI 6E for clients on my mesh WIFI and the phone works fine with that. Just 2.4 or 5Ghz bands dont want to play nicely. When I get chance, I will check what ot is like on other wifi networks. Lucky, I have WIFI 6E supported mesh network and the Flip5 uses that, only device I have on that band 😀
0 Likes
Froztee
First Poster
Options
I have had my z flip 5 for a week now I have virgin superfast Wi-Fi in a one bed flat if I'm in another room it drops out to mobile data, I even got a Wi-Fi range extender to help resolve the issue. This helps a little but it still happens! My smart TV on same network is great and streams etc never dropping out and it's further away from wifi router? Is there a fix.?
0 Likes
flipee_tipzee
First Poster
Options
Same here also with virgin. I must have at least 10 different devices connected without problem but flip5 is forever dropping to mobile data or "connected to WiFi without internet"?! At first I thought it was Virgin's fault but the fact that the problem is solely my flip5 it's pretty clear where the problem lies
0 Likes