Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip Screen

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 12:47 PM)
Members_4uvMnND
First Poster
Options

9 months after purchasing the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G  I too encountered the crack across the centre of the screen. Contacted the team on a Friday and by Saturday the phone was picked up for repair. Then came an e-mail stating I needed to pay £279 due to damage to the phone. Requested pictures and the damage is not only cosmetic but also very clearly not related to the damage across the fold which has effected almost every user. Multiple calls to a frankly rude service centre and an engineer who is waiting for team Samsung to authorise the repair. I do wonder how long legally they can hold my phone hostage before they return it as it surely cannot be indefinitely. Always had a Samsung, love the phone (not the fault) and don’t understand why they can’t accept that these phones are defective for purpose and take them off the market until the folding issue has been resolved. Disappointed and considering Google or Apple if this isn’t resolved quickly. Will send updates if they respond, I’ll remain optimistic. 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Yeah this is common. Samsung is far too ahead of the game here and releases new technology to consumers far too early. The technology industry is just not ready for this new stuff yet. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it other than pay the £279 or get a normal phone that doesn't flip open and shut. It's a cool invention but the technology we currently have isn't ready for this type of thing.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Apart from the reason you sent the phone Off for repair @Members_4uvMnND what other damage is to the phone that Samsung has raised ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
markruk
First Poster
Options

hi, this has just happened to me. how are you getting on with Samsung?

looks like things are going to get interesting

Thanks 

0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
I have a flip 3 and my protector did the same across the middle. I peeled it off as I couldn't use it as it was, nor afford to be lied to with " other damage". I now find out that I have voided the warranty even though I can change the protector on any other phone that I have had previously. I love the phone design but would I have another flip or fold phone, Definitely not, and when my contract is up I think it might be time for another make. Samsung need to own up to this problem as it is going to hurt the future sales.
trishb
First Poster
Options
I just peeled my protector off my z3 flip the other day as it was unusable ..didn't know that it voided the warranty..I've just ordered another screen protector
0 Likes
cath09
First Poster
Options
I'm having exactly the same issue with crack across the screen. The phone is less than 9 months old, surely this is covered under the warranty. Especially when it's a known fault
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Nope, you will be blamed and charged accordingly.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes