Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip Display Black Line at Folding Point

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 11:15 PM)
kolemieux
Student
Options

Z Flip brand new "crease line / distortion".   Sadly this is 100% true.  I am in a trial 30 days with a Z Flip I plan to buy and 3 days later see it has established a line / distortion on the screen at the folding point.  I have not even had this phone outside, and hoped it was possibly an issue with the screen saver.

Against what I wanted to do, I did pull back then removed the screensaver to see if it was on that, under it, or caused by it.  It was "not".  This is not very noticeable in black modes at all but be there no confusion - it is there.  I rebooted - power cycled - and did everything I could to refresh the screen - but it is still there.

To me it almost looks like at the fold point some of the pixels have stopped working and as a result a thin line appears.

HELP?

I will post pictures when I get some.

34 REPLIES 34
JayneD
Apprentice
Options

Sorry no luck with Samsung. My phone is still broke and I am still in dispute with them over the repair

0 Likes
tomkeefe
Student
Options

I have the same exact issue less than 3 months after purchasing the phone.  The phone was fine one minute, then a the huge black line appeared out of no where.  Like many others in this forum, Samsung has done absolutely nothing to resolve this.  I've been a 10+ year Samsung customer and cannot believe the lack of support I've received for an obvious flaw in the device.  While I truly hate Apple, they actually do have support, so I'll be switching asap.

JayneD
Apprentice
Options

Customer service is so bad. If I didn’t have an old phone lying around at home I don’t know what I would have done. I have been without my phone for 6 weeks now. Samsung are not interested when there is clear evidence of an issue with this phone

0 Likes
Galaxy Fold 3
First Poster
Options

OMG mine too!

0 Likes
JayneD22
Apprentice
Options
I had a final answer from Samsung they said there is clear evidence of physical damage which is so not true. In the end i made a claim against the doorstep repair service Samsung sent as there was no damage when the phone was handed to them just the fault with the black line. The engineer company have now fixed my phone free of charge no thanks to Samsung I had to sort it myself!
0 Likes
inwe85
Explorer
Options

Samsung being super dodgy and voiding warranty AS THEY PLEASE. They are doing it world wide, I hope there will be a class action against them for their appalling business ethics. Crack on the fold of a foldable phone is deemed user fault by their technical team, warranty is void, and then a discounted repair fee "out of good will". No evidence required on their part to justify how they came to that decision, they are just playing the game of how many people will be too lazy to fight the case and just pay. CROOKS

JayneD
Apprentice
Options

I agree totally, Samsung are behaving disgracefully .  I was not prepared to give up but luckily the door step engineer fixed mine free of charge.  Samsung were adamant I had damaged the phone.  Such a get out clause and now they keep emailing me to take out insurance with them!!!!!

0 Likes
Brandy
First Poster
Options

Oh my lord I cannot believe that everybody is dealing with the same thing that I just went through yesterday I ordered some food online and I had my phone open to the larger screen after placing my order me and my daughter left to go pick up the food when we got to the restaurant I got my phone out and open it and when I opened the phone there was a big black line down the crease of my phone and it's separating my keyboard and everything on the screen I just purchased this phone at the end of January and already having issues I cannot believe that nobody is taking ownership of this happening to customers I did  not purchase my phone through Samsung I am a T-Mobile customer for wireless service but I am a customer of Samsung I have a Samsung tablet that I bought from Samsung  a Smart Hub refrigerator with an ice-makerand cordless stick vacuum purchased all through Samsung and let me tell you their customer service is the worst I've ever seen in my 42 years of being on this Earth that is the main reason I did not purchase or chose not to purchase my phone through Samsung I will never purchase another product directly through Samsung ever again their customer service is almost non-existent they are very heartless they do not care about their customers and half of them act like they don't even know what the hell they're doing when they answer the phone they act Clueless T-Mobile is taking care of the issue for me they are paying for it under warranty but I am on contract with this phone because because I purchased when they were having a promotion $1,000 off they pay you and Bill credits I paid off my iPhone 12 to purchase this phone and I'm guessing it was a huge mistake after they send me my new phone because this just happened yesterday I plan on calling them and demanding my old phone back and for them to take this one already having issue 2 months into purchasing the phone and I've never broke a phone in my 42 years I feel for everybody that is going through this

blazedbeauty
Journeyman
Options

Same 😞

0 Likes
JC-unhappy customer
Journeyman
Options

We had this same problem but Samsung doesn’t want to repair it or replace it. I went 60 plus miles to a site they sent me to a certified tech reviewed it but they sent me to a site not set up for flip phones then when I sent it in- suddenly it got denied. Imagine my surprise. I’m ready to escalate the issue with petition or class action suit- if you look online apparently it’s a known issue but they keep denying peoples claims and I work for the money I spend I don’t have the time to waste calling and texting everyone I’ve already spoke to 8 reps and still no resolve. Fed up doesn’t touch how pissed I am 

0 Likes