Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip Display Black Line at Folding Point

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 11:46 PM)
kolemieux
Student
Options

Z Flip brand new "crease line / distortion".   Sadly this is 100% true.  I am in a trial 30 days with a Z Flip I plan to buy and 3 days later see it has established a line / distortion on the screen at the folding point.  I have not even had this phone outside, and hoped it was possibly an issue with the screen saver.

Against what I wanted to do, I did pull back then removed the screensaver to see if it was on that, under it, or caused by it.  It was "not".  This is not very noticeable in black modes at all but be there no confusion - it is there.  I rebooted - power cycled - and did everything I could to refresh the screen - but it is still there.

To me it almost looks like at the fold point some of the pixels have stopped working and as a result a thin line appears.

HELP?

I will post pictures when I get some.

33 REPLIES 33
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah photos would help.
If by screen saver you mean the screen protector you pulled off, I'm not sure if Samsung will replace the screen under warranty now.
From your description, it's possibly got some debris under the display and damaged it, or got stuck in the phone when it was closed.
Whatever it is, sounds like it may need to go in for repair
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @kolemieux 

I'm sorry to hear that your Flip³ seems to have developed an issue with the display.

Unfortunately occasionally tech fails in some way which is why Samsung provide a Cooling Off Period.

In the UK the Returns Period is 28 days.

If this was my phone and if I was within my Cooling Off Period I'd contact Samsung to arrange for them to come get the phone.

In the UK they refund the returned phone instead of just sending out another. 

Then it's down to the customer to place an order for a new one.

I think Samsung advise not to remove the screen protector on the initial set up of the phone,  so unfortunately as mentioned by @Glenntech you may not be supported by Samsung in regards to a refund or free warranty support.

xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-z-flip-3-Can I remove-screen-protector. 

You'll have to check this out at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

Would you let us know how you get on please  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
luke2021
Journeyman
Options
I have the same problem distortion line starts as wide as fold crease then shrinks over time to a small line .but never disappears.on the galaxy z fold 2
badger123
Student
Options
The black line on mine is as thick as the find and I cannot access anything on the top half of my screen. It is only two moths old!!!
badger123
Student
Options
As thick as the fold!
Members_xKViMAC
First Poster
Options

Hi I have came across the same problem,distortion line has developed at the crease ,I have only this samsung z fold for two months, surely this can be fixed.

SSanderson73
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to mine. They just informed me yesterday that they wouldn't cover it under warranty. I just opened the phone to use it one day and the black line was there. They want me to pay $379 to repair it, What a joke!!!!

JayneD
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Has anyone had any luck getting Samsung to sort this.  The same has happened to me, it is only 2 months old and they said it is not covered under the warranty

whereswolly
Journeyman
Options
I have a fold 3 and it has started to show a black line down the fold in the middle any suggestions I have had it a few months now.