Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip cracked screen!

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 03:36 PM)
Members_URrwGlw
First Poster
Options

Had the phone since December and have 5 individual cracks along the fold in the screen. I see there are thousands of people with the same problem.

I have sent it to Samsung who are refusing to admit liability to a defective phone and are in fact blaming me for the damage which isn't true... the phone is in immaculate condition apart from this and no other cracks or damage to the phone. 

Avoid this phone at all costs, it isn't fit for purpose. The only option I have now is to refer to the ombudsman.... 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah unfortunately I've seen loads of these posts.
They send the phone to Samsung who say its not covered under warranty and/or the actual screen is damaged and will cost £££ to sort it.
When my screen protector finally needs replacing on my flip3 I certainly won't be sending it to Samsung,will just do it myself.
0 Likes
jra1101
First Poster
Options

Unsure where you are based, but I'm in Australia and have just had this issue with my partner's phone. The Samsung repair centre tried to put the blame on her for "physical damage", and tried to charge her $500 to repair it. After telling them we wouldn't pay, they offered to take off $110 as a discount to fix it. We told them no again. So my partner went into the Samsung store and kicked up a fuss, just so happen to be that another lady was in there with the same issue and came down from Darwin (to Melbourne) to get the problem sorted. The next day we received a text saying the phone will be fixed as a "gesture of goodwill". A load of ***** from Samsung, but stay persistent with it.

0 Likes