Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 5: Yes!

(Topic created on: 27-07-2023 09:16 AM)
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
Z Flip 5: 1) The new bigger screen. 2) Stronger hinge. 3) Faster processor. Did I mention the new bigger screen? And a lot more. Temptation wins. And some great deals from Samsung incl double storage deal to 512Gb. Pre-ordered, trading in my Z Flip 4. 
21 REPLIES 21
Old Git
First Poster
Options

Don't buy from uk if you want a fair trade-in deal from Samsung. The amount offered in US for a Flip 4 is under HALF  that offered in UK. 

I cannot deal with such an exploitative cynical company - sadly next one is gonna be Moto mebbe - not sure -  except for one thing - it wont be another Samsung - 

0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
Do share the details! What is the US price and which UK deal price are you comparing it to?
0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
I've got a S20fe 5G - well the missus has, her main thing is camera. Will the camera seem better for general photos?
0 Likes
Old Git
First Poster
Options

Jangles - yup it might be me - hating on Samsung - nope it's them hating on me 

UK trade in Flip 4 256UK trade in Flip 4 256

US same phoneUS same phone

so that 900 dollars in US - 430 quid in UK  - now it appears I had misjudged the recent changes in exchange rate - who'd have thought the dollar could slump a tad against something as hopeless at the uk currency - so current rate is apparently 0.78 - giving 700 pund equivalent - 

for ref the phone there is priced at 990 dollars (exc possibly some taxes) against uk 1049 inc all taxes - 

either way I was wrong to say under half - its slightly over half 

good deal - nope 

0 Likes
Old Git
First Poster
Options

sorry answer above - i hit the wrong reply button 

0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options

Yes, I get your frustration. The way I see it is that these are two different markets so I wouldn't expect to see the same pricing or same deals in both markets. It applies to most goods: computers, cars, clothes, food, you name it, prices tend to differ from market to market. And then you have currency exchange rates to consider.

I'm actually quite happy with the deal I got in buying my Z Flip 5 in the UK. 

0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options

Here's a comparison between these two devices, check out the section on Camera: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S20-FE,Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Flip-5/phones/11474... 

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
Cheers for this. I've ordered one now, I'll let my missus decide when it arrives if she thinks it's better 🙂
Jangles
Pioneer
Options

You don't have to look far to find videos by people with first looks, deep explainers, etc, about the Z Flip 5. Some are pretty good and insightful. But for a really excellent video, take a look at this 15-minute one by Joshua Vergara. A combination product explainer - with lots about the front screen aka the Flex Window - and a walking tour in Seoul and Busan, very engaging!

0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options

Things are moving! Email received from DPD just after midday saying they're waiting for the package from Samsung. Previous experience shows that email like this is always followed by delivery the next day. So I am expecting it tomorrow the 4th!

Screenshot_20230803_132951_Gmail-640.jpg

0 Likes