Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 4 is a big disappointment after 6 months!!!

(Topic created on: 01-04-2023 05:29 PM)
Seth007
Apprentice
Options
I am going to upgrade Z Flip 4, due to hardware and software issues. Z flip 4 seems like a lovely phone but since I own it from the release date in August. I can say that Z Flip 4 still has a long way as a phone. Biggest disappointment is the screen protector which is badly peeling off and there is no Samsung stores locally, the closest store is 66 miles away!!!!!!! I am living in UK Southampton and I cant spend whole day traveling to get phone fixed, that is ridiculous. Other way is sending it for the repair but that between 10 - 12 days according to Samsung customer care. Then Software glitches and issue with Flip mode randomly on is very disappointing. In overall I think it is probably 2 years to early for a good Flip phone that will last 2 years like any other Samsung phone does. This was partially resolved by updates, but never went away. For anyone that considers Flip Phone should first check if thy have Samsung store locally, otherwise I would stay away from it. So overall very disappointed with Samsung Z Flip 4.
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm disappointed to hear your not happy with your Samsung Flip⁴ phone @Seth007 

Other owners have experienced delamination of the factory fitted screen protector on their Flip and Fold phone's.

It's a sheet of plastic that can sometimes peel away.

This happened on my Fold³ along the crease which I ended up carefully peeling off and using the phone without one.

Replacements are available via 3rd party accessories manufacturers or via asking a Samsung Service Centre to fit a replacement. I appreciate not everyone is local to a Samsung Service Centre or want to send their phone away to Samsung. 

In some regions a Doorstep Repair Service is available via Samsung.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair. 

Software glitches can sometimes be remedied via clearing the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Or as a last resort a factory reset after a back up.

You can also let Samsung know of your issues via your Samsung Members App via the feedback section.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

roblox123
Journeyman
Options
It's true because I have some glitches like getting lag trying to turn off my tablet
0 Likes
So_ye
First Poster
Options
My Contact app is crashed and it can't save any new contact at all, anyone know how to fix it?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@So_ye: When you attempt to add a new contact, please check the save location at the top of the screen. If it is set up to save to your Google or Samsung account, go back to the Contacts landing page > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Manage contacts > Sync contacts, and make sure that the relevant account is toggled on. 

Please can you also try heading to Settings > Apps > Contacts > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your phone to address any temporary software issues that might be a contributing factor. If the issue persists, please can you let me know what happens when you attempt to save a contact in the Contacts app. Do you get any error messages or notifications? 

0 Likes
JeroBanBar
Student
Options

My z-flip 4 inner screen went bad after exactly the year of warranty coverage.  It seems to be a factory defect issue since it went bad after I had the flashlight on with the phone folded for about 30 minutes.  Yet Samsung is still charging me $380 to fix!  This is unacceptable!

nylarose
First Poster
Options
My flip phone 4 developed a grating noise when opened and a large black line appeared on the screen. 02 say I have to pay for repair even though the phone is under warranty
0 Likes
Seth007
Apprentice
Options
Flip 4 is not the most robust or reliable phone. It was very innovative and sleek. My one was killed by my 1yo son, which threw it in the bedroom, and the phone had never opened again. The screen was damaged as well.
I did switch back to S line up and will keep it there for the next few years 😀
0 Likes
Jenster66
First Poster
Options
My flip 4 died a death a few days ago . Ive had it just over a year .
Started when the phone didnt want to open properly , then to tge screen going funny down one side and a big black line across the middle . The top half of the phone stopped working . Next thing the screen filled up with like black ink and covered the screen . I immediately phoned 02 who sent me out a jiffy bag to send for repair . £357 later . Saying its my fault , screen protector on and a cover , no cosmetic damage , was in perfect condition .
Absolutely disgusted that this £999 phone would cost me even more money. I dont think so .
O2 are getting a very lenghty email !!!!!
0 Likes