Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Warranty UK

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 10:20 PM)
Villan56
Journeyman
Options

Hello
I am disgusted with the Z Flip 3. 
My daughter was having intermittent issues with a shadowy yellow and green shadow at the bottom of the screen.
It was returned to EE where the phone was bought from. Just within the first year of purchase.
Did a full factory reset just to make sure it wasn't a virus, but the issue returned.
I thought it was to do with the internals.
Anyway it was returned and within a day they came back and said there was a very small chip at the bottom area of the screen and this wasn't covered in the warranty. Thye said that thye would not continue with the repair unless I paid £305. They also said that if they found anything else there would be an extra cost. I complained but it was a waste of time. So I paid it.

They replaced the screen and the battery which I think was the real issue.

I think the Flip 3 is the worst product I have ever bought within our family.

I was surprised how heavy the phone is and the case which the phone has been in all the time which is plastic and I have my doubts about it protecting the phone.
I think Samsung should call all flip phones back. 
It's must be the worst phone they have ever made.

Just to add my daughter is autistic and can't afford these costs. She now has to pay £49 a month for the next 12 months of her contract and is scared to use the phone anymore.

You should be ashamed of yourselves Samsung.

17 REPLIES 17
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Ah there was another post! Best if you said "update or follow up from previous post"
0 Likes
Villan56
Journeyman
Options

I am new on here so didn't realise.

0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
No worries man.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Personally my flip3 is great.
I've had it just over a year now and haven't got any complaints.

I will say that if you drop any phone(flip or not) and chip it,there is a good chance you will damage the screen.
0 Likes
asmad
First Poster
Options
I Have a z flip 3. At about 8 months old the screen protector started to separate. Brought it down to Samsung repair shop in Belfast. At first the said they wouldn't consider this a faul. I SMILED AND ASK HIM IS HE WAS AWARE OF THE FLIP 3 PROBLEMS WITH SCREEN SAVERS SEPARATING!
He then agreed to a repair.
Now barely 4 months later same problem. Went to Samsung shop again and this time looking for crack or chips to weasel out of wattanty. None found! So now they want me to pay 30 pounds to fit another screen protector. Phone still under
" guarantee " and yet I have to pay for a factory fitted screen cover which
was fitted as an inherent part of the phone . I said I would complain to Samsung and the employees response was to sing away they won't listen to you anyway.I
Disgraceful service for a flagship phone!
0 Likes
Gman1707
Pioneer
Options
I have exactly the same issue with z fold 3. Tnt first samsungs repair center are crooks. They caused damage to my phone. I have video and photo evidence of my device prior to shipping to them. I will see them in court.
AdrianEvans
First Poster
Options
I've had a similar problem with screen protector bubbling, they said send it in we will sort it as its the first time. So I sent it in and they sent me an email back saying my warranty is void due to a slight lifting on the front close to the camera which I was unaware of and refused to fix the bubbling unless I paid an 89 pounds charge. Obviously this had nothing to do with the problem at hand and was just a way of getting it off what was a common fault by the sounds of it. Got no where with their wonderful customer service full of arrogance so I have paid the fee to get fixed but will never use a Samsung product again. Shame as I have used nothing but Samsung for years
0 Likes
Members_VU5tyNe
First Poster
Options

***** phone. I have one and will not be buying another Samsung.  I had an issue with my phone dialling the emergency services.  The engineer in the Samsung shop looked at it for 5 seconds and because there was a 5mm scratch near the fold the warranty was void. ***** phone.

0 Likes