Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Warranty UK

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 10:56 PM)
Villan56
Journeyman
Options

Hello
I am disgusted with the Z Flip 3. 
My daughter was having intermittent issues with a shadowy yellow and green shadow at the bottom of the screen.
It was returned to EE where the phone was bought from. Just within the first year of purchase.
Did a full factory reset just to make sure it wasn't a virus, but the issue returned.
I thought it was to do with the internals.
Anyway it was returned and within a day they came back and said there was a very small chip at the bottom area of the screen and this wasn't covered in the warranty. Thye said that thye would not continue with the repair unless I paid £305. They also said that if they found anything else there would be an extra cost. I complained but it was a waste of time. So I paid it.

They replaced the screen and the battery which I think was the real issue.

I think the Flip 3 is the worst product I have ever bought within our family.

I was surprised how heavy the phone is and the case which the phone has been in all the time which is plastic and I have my doubts about it protecting the phone.
I think Samsung should call all flip phones back. 
It's must be the worst phone they have ever made.

Just to add my daughter is autistic and can't afford these costs. She now has to pay £49 a month for the next 12 months of her contract and is scared to use the phone anymore.

You should be ashamed of yourselves Samsung.

17 REPLIES 17
FuzyBonesX
Apprentice
Options
Sounds like you didn't take much care of the device properly. If the screen is chipped that means the Warranty is voided as its classed as physical damage
0 Likes
Villan56
Journeyman
Options

It was in its case the whole time. 

0 Likes
Villan56
Journeyman
Options

The worst drop was from knee height with phone closed.

0 Likes
Villan56
Journeyman
Options

Lets face it it is a rubbish phone. The worst Samsung has ever made. Once bitten twice shy.
This is the first phone over many years that required being sent back for repair.

Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
The screen repair price sounds about right, I think its £285 for my S22Ultra as they are special Amoled displays.

The flip and folds are fragile phones, regardless of excellent durability or not.

Case wise, I'd always buy a bumper case or one that is shockproof, because in the long run, it's protects the phone and is a good investment 😊
0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
I have the flip 3 and the screen protector has lifted, like Hundreds of others have done, so I peeled it off as I couldn't use my phone as it was. I have now found out that it has voided my warranty and its going to cost me around 300 to 400 pounds for them to sort out. my phone works perfectly well without it. I really think Samsung have dropped the ball with this phone and the fold phones. I can't wait till my contract ends and I can buy a non Samsung phone.
Villan56
Journeyman
Options

I did buy a shockproof case and the phone has always been in it.

0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
In your post you ddnt say the device was dropped. Kinda biased if you ask me.
0 Likes
Villan56
Journeyman
Options

I did say this earlier if you bothered to read all the posts.

Villan56_0-1666268730346.jpeg

Journeyman
OPTIONS
Galaxy Z Fold | Z Flip

The worst drop was from knee height with phone closed.

I also said in my first post "They replaced the screen and the battery which I think was the real issue. "I accepted the chip, but IMHO the battery was the issue not the chip."

The shockproof case was always on the phone.