Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Shutting Down When Flipped Closed

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 10:35 AM)
marcjones182
Explorer
Options
Recently my Z Flip 3 appears to always shut down and restart whenever I close it shut. It's becoming a huge nuisance having to restart it all the time. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix it? I'm reluctant to get it repaired with Samsung because their nearest store is a 200 mile round trip and I didn't have the best experience last time I had an issue with them. 
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good at all and appreciate this situation would be both inconvenient,  shouldn't be happening, and has the potential to leave you without being contactable until you notice and then turn the phone back On.

I really think you need to contact Samsung Support in your region and ask for support.

There are generic troubleshooting guides but I'm not sure these will help.

Perhaps perform a forum search to eead the other created posts on this that's affecting other's. 

The self help guides are to clear the phones system file cache partition. Safe Mode and Factory reset options.

In the UK Samsung offer a doorstep repair service where they send out an engineer to your home ,so it might be beneficial to check if that's an option to you in your region, or you'll possibly need to send the phone to Samsung or make that long road trip to one of the Samsung Service Centres / Samsung Experience Stores.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

marcjones182
Explorer
Options
Thank you for your reply. I happen to be going away today and there'll be an Experience Store in the city I'm visiting so I'll be taking it there and buying a temporary A53 5G. I hope it's an easy fix because I really like the phone.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @marcjones182  👍 

If you have the original proof of purchase then take it just incase the Samsung Representative asks for it.

Would you let us know how you get on with this please  ?

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

marcjones182
Explorer
Options
Yeah of course, I'll update this thread when I get any news.
marcjones182
Explorer
Options

OK so Samsung have repaired my ZFlip3 with no issues and it was covered under the warranty so I didn't have to pay. While at the Experience Store I bought a Samsung A53 5G with the intention of using it while my ZFlip 3 was being repaired. However the A53 is SO much better than the ZFlip 3! I've decided to sell my Flip and keep the A53. The camera and battery are both far superior on the A53 and for almost £500 cheaper it's a no brainer! Long live the A53 5G!

0 Likes
zflippoo
First Poster
Options
If you have any type of superficial marks / scuffs on your phone, Samsung will not repair this issue under their warranty, as they try to make out that the issue was caused via impact. Absolute joke
0 Likes
marcjones182
Explorer
Options

I got rid of my Samsung in the end. Awful customer service. I'm a Google Pixel convert now. 

0 Likes