Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Screen Protector Replacement

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 11:37 AM)
marcjones182
Explorer
Options
Ok so the pre installed screen protector on my Z Flip 3 has become damaged on the crease and it looks HORRIBLE. Is there anything I can do to replace it? Can I replace it myself? My nearest Samsung store is 100 miles away. 
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There are options @marcjones182

The factory fitted screen protector can be removed but do this carefully as removing it and causing damage will void the warranty.

It's not meant to be removed. 

Some prefer then to use no screen protector.

However Whitestone Dome sell a plastic tpu option or a glass version.

Looking at the YouTube tutorials they need to be fitted carefully.

Other makes are available.

Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or the Samsung Doorstep repair service, region dependent may offer a replacement fitting.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Bucks65
Journeyman
Options

Mine is the same, contacted Samsung and they couldn't care less. I can't believe they don't give a rats about this obvious design flaw. They have none in stock. Have no serial number or part number for a replacement part. They simply don't care.

Really should run a social media campaign, although muppets like me will still buy the product. Even though they won't help in any way with the repair.

Again, no service anyway close and anyway, if they don't care what part these use and have none in stock, nor can they identify or recommend a part, what ***** will they throw on your phone and charge a fortune for. Also could not even give me a maximum cost of any of the 3 services mentioned above, never mind an approx cost. They used to have a €200 max cost for fixing a screen on earlier models. Although, this is surely a simple repair if you get someone who knows what they are doing. 

Members_ywWktqn
Student
Options

100% - you'll get told it needs a new screen on some spurious grounds. then asked to pay the £100 excess or cost of the screen depending if you have the care+ pack. 
Worst thing is you will be without the phone for 2 weeks as have to post it in. The screen will be fine, so why would you pay for the same thing to happen in another 3 months...
I was a loyal samsung buyer - but they screwed this up so bad!

marcjones182
Explorer
Options
I did take it to my nearest store in the end. The screen protector was on back order. Two weeks with no update so I asked for the phone back. It came back with the screen protector off so I installed my own white stone dome one and it's fine. Look even better than the factory fitted one.
Members_03pTf38
Student
Options

Oh their service is rubbish. I had my app booked for screen replacement today. arrived and was told that they dont have the part and their policy changed (apparently yesterday) and they will do under warranty but have to take my phone away for 5 days and wipe it off. I said wtf? I was told  its 30 mins fix and now they want to leave me without phone. How could they not order the screen knowing i was booked or why I wasn't informed about it? I cancelled my  gp app and wasted the time. Samsung service is ridicules and they need to think about it.  my design the phone if you cant change screen protection  and phone have to be taken away from you? employ people in store - people with brain and skills

I'm going to raise a complaint abt it 

Members_03pTf38
Student
Options

This is shocking !! what screen protector did you fitted pls?

0 Likes
Bucks65
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20220618-171553_Gmail.jpg

One of these, if you can see the image. The more expensive one has the tool for removing and applying. 

It is great, can't go wrong with the tool. I followed their videos and did it very slowly. 

This one I think. 

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B09LV43G8M?ref=em_1p_1_ti&ref_=pe_115951_673218481&pldnSite=1&dplnk... 

Or possibly this one:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B099ZCC2VW?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_115951_673218481&pldnSite=1&dplnk... 

Members_OWwuW67
Apprentice
Options

So today ,my factory fitted screen protector just 'let go' on the crease, I heard a click & it was gone. It I noticed the smallest amount of lifting yesterday but thought I would keep an eye on it. Still under warranty as I thought. Well was told today by Samsung it's an 'accessory' & not covered by warranty. However I could travel to London for them to look at it (no thanks) or post to them & it will take 10 days at least, but by the sounds of it likely to charge. It's not possible for them to replace via their mobile service (even though I could book direct & pay £139 & get it done). Diabolical customer service!

Members_RTAFiRt
First Poster
Options

Similar story here. I've never had to use Samsung's customer service before, it's absolutely dreadful.