Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 3 screen cracked along the fold.

(Topic created on: 28-07-2022 11:43 AM)
Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options

Do not buy these phones!!

My experience with using the device itself was fine until the folding part started developing a crack along the fold. Sent it off for inspection and potential repair. They told me it isn't a scratch and that it does look like it has developed as an issue with the device. However despite that I would be expected to pay almost £300 for the repair, which just isn't worth it if I then have the same problem 9 months later again. These phones are not made to last.

I've used Samsung for over  12 years and this experience has seriously made me look to another brand for my next phone. 

17 REPLIES 17
Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options
Guess mine was missed, yeah brand new i got it the same day they were released in the uk from EE
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Should of returned it had you of known when you got it.
It is strange I've not known of anyone who has had the screen protector missing on purchase.
Anyway wish you luck in trying to sort it 🤞
Zafman1989
Student
Options
Exact same issue as every body above. Opened it one morning and black line down the fold. What a joke and then been advised from vodafone that samsung have said damage is out of warranty. I literally just opened it one morning. Then told to pay 400 for repair
Sanjay07kumar
Journeyman
Options

I also had the similar problem.. my screen started with green line within 4 months and not it’s completely gone.. It’s not worthy to spend money and Samsung phone.. poor quality phone with pathetic support

Sanjay07kumar
Journeyman
Options

Wow.. exactly Same dialogue for me.. their technicians are freshers.. they dono to repair phones😂😂

poor Samsung company.. looting from us

Petequ
Explorer
Options
Another 10 people with same issue among hundreds. I never post complaints about any phones or in fact anything. This has set the fires burning it is such a bad response that we are all damaging our phones . Mine 1 month old calling customer service no understanding suggested as well as repair centre get a techician to check in person at doorm as if they will change that decision.
Its poor
0 Likes
Petequ
Explorer
Options
Send a picture it would be interesting to see if exact same photo is a small pressure mark supposdely above the crease like a neelde mark
0 Likes
ERH_Web
First Poster
Options

I have Z Flip 3 5g and this is the second time for the screen to start to crack along the fold.  The first time they replaced it as that was 10 months into owning the phone.  We are now another 8 months along and the same thing is happening again.  Their basic response is that it's out of warranty now and it $518USD to replace.  No other damage to the phone.   Seems like this happening enough for a recall of some sorts or some way to make this right for customers.  I can't justify a $500 repair every year for a $700 phone.  Please help Samsung.

0 Likes