Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 3 screen cracked along the fold.

(Topic created on: 28-07-2022 09:54 PM)
Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options

Do not buy these phones!!

My experience with using the device itself was fine until the folding part started developing a crack along the fold. Sent it off for inspection and potential repair. They told me it isn't a scratch and that it does look like it has developed as an issue with the device. However despite that I would be expected to pay almost £300 for the repair, which just isn't worth it if I then have the same problem 9 months later again. These phones are not made to last.

I've used Samsung for over  12 years and this experience has seriously made me look to another brand for my next phone. 

17 REPLIES 17
Timo63
Explorer
Options
Don't be fobbed off. They try it on with everyone. I was told that I had to pay £279 as there was an unrelated "fault" which had made my warranty void. 4 weeks after arguing I received my phone back with no explanation. It was fully repaired and no charge. Result.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah lots of stories about Samsung charging £££ for what is essential just a screen protector replacement,they claim there is a fault with the actual screen or something else.
I already have my spare protector (from Amazon) which I replace myself when the time comes
0 Likes
flippedoff
Journeyman
Options
I've just been told to pay £270 for mine. I sent it off for the crack along the fold, and they told me there's impact damage that I have to pay for. That's just not true. Not sure what to do.
JoLang
Apprentice
Options

Come on Samsung - you can do better than this! Same thing has happened to me and I switched from Apple due to their poor customer service. 

Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options
I wish it was a screen protector but there isn't one on mine
0 Likes
Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options
Yep I was told the exact same thing
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Are you sure because all the fold3 and flip3 have a protector on them.
0 Likes
Sylvatic21
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it didnt have one i only found out others had them recently i just assumed it was normal to begin with
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
That's strange did you buy the phone new?.
All flip and fold phones come pre installed with screen protector.
0 Likes