Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Screen Cracked along fold!!

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 11:09 AM)
Reynolds88
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211201-215556_Gallery.jpg

I was so stoked about my new Z 3 flip. Thought it was the best phone I've ever had!! Woke up one morning to the above. This is not a photo of my phone as I couldn't take a photo of it as I had no other cameras around. So it was quite easy to typing "Samsung Z Flip 3 Screen problems" and have countless pictures of my exact problem of my phone. Right down to the tinny cracks you can see on the screen. The phone is 28days old, I have tiny scuff mark up the top, from before I got my cover. Now Samsung are saying this is physical damage done by me. I swear on my children's lives I never dropped my phone!! That want charge me $410 and take $110 of as good will!! I would happily pay that if I had done the damage!! There is a major fault in my phone. Articles and pictures as soon as you type into Google. It's the exact damage I have on every photo. If the phone was dropped then how is countless people have dropped to cause the exact same damage. There is a fault in my phone and Samsung aren't taking responsibility!!

163 REPLIES 163
glensky
First Poster
Options

 hi. i have the same issue with my samsung z flip 3 cracked screen on the fold issue. i have taken it last february 10, 2022 to tmobile west covina mall branch where i got it. It was assessed by a staff and his manager and have agreed to replace the unit even without insurance since it was only under 6mos used and still under warranty. acquired on august 19, 2021. i was informed that i can claim the unit they would be ordering as replacement for my faulty unit in any tmobile branch. they ordered it and delivery will be at tmobile branch, seal beach, ca. 90704. 

i went there upon receiving twxt message and email last 2/18/22. only to get frustrated cause they say they cannot replace it sonce it was damaged based on their assessment. i even asked them what was their basis to have arrived to their conclusion. no response for further explanation.

i returned to tmobile west covina mall last march 3,  2022. and i was glad cause i was guaranteed by then manager on duty for replacement and placed the order right away. i received text message last march 11 that it is ready for pick up. i went there today, march 15. the same manager now is saying that they cannot replace it because of the damage. he was claiming he did not see the unit the last time. it was a lame excuse since they already assessed the unit and decided to place the order for replacement.

what can you suggest i should do now?

20220315_181643~2.jpg

stinkysox
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, It was exactly the same problem for me. Honestly, only way to go is to contact youtubers with this. I have already texted some. I got a respond back from Jack from Unbox Therapy.

This is the email:

jack@unboxtherapy.com

Go for it all of you who have problems, else we endup just being f*cked by Samsung:-/

Destronic
Journeyman
Options

Call samsung, I sent them my phone to Texas to get it fixed and I sold it once I got it back

0 Likes
Destronic
Journeyman
Options

I heard from T-Mobile that all galaxy fold were recalled, we shlould demand Samsung to recall the flip also

stinkysox
Journeyman
Options

I have tried with Samsung directly. It was terrible. They just said, that it is my fault that the phone is damaged and that is it. you need to contact press and youtubers... only way to go...  to get Samsung take responsibility for this.

Destronic
Journeyman
Options

When I called samsung the first time, they wanted me to pay $120 just to change the plastic protector, I requested to speak to a supervisor and they lowered it to $20, still, I don't think I should pay a penny to repair a device under warranty, but that was my best bet at the monent

Members_zaJ2j4y
First Poster
Options

Samsung have always been brilliant and in concept and initial excution the z flip is amazing.

That said, they have to accept the phone has no longevity and is a failure. 2 months Ive had mine before it cracked, zero help received. My phone carrier suggested taking it to the financial ombudsman as many of their customers had the same experience. 

That's what I'm doing suggest everyone with the same issue also does this in order to try and force Samsung's acceptance of this.

0 Likes
Members_CX0OwXv
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me, had the phone 6 months, heard the famous crack and then the screen protector peel started. Apparently warranty repair, but now been told it's out of warranty due to damage to the hinge !! Well some scratches it seems is enough. So they want to charge £279 and I told them no. Ultimately the design means they need to expect some reasonable wear and tear. I've never dropped the phone, so can hand on heart say that's not the reason. Obviously a design flaw, Samsung if you read this, completely unreasonable what you are asking for, we just need our screen protectors replaced !!! 

OTH_20220331_141344[1] (1).jpgOTH_355001762447174.png

0 Likes
Chris789
Apprentice
Options

20220224_114129.jpg

 this is my flip2, it was 8 months old, and I've just been told is physically damaged and not covered under warranty. I'm so disappointed in samsung, its clearly a fault in the screen.

0 Likes
Members_CX0OwXv
First Poster
Options

well I received my phone back, after rejecting samsungs statement. Interestingly the phone was returned with the screen protector REMOVED !!! WTF !!! Samsung, if you are reading this what the heck are you doing !? 

0 Likes