Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Quirks

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 10:48 PM)
jaketeagle
Apprentice
Options
I upgraded my trusty S10 for a Z Flip 3 on release day (now we have waterproofing foldables 😍) I love the design and am overall very impressed. 

I've noticed from my S10 to this phone, when the phone battery runs out and you plug in the charger; the percentage screen that you get before starting the phone takes about 4 minutes to show 0% and then charges and starts normally. I find it odd that this happens when it has always been instant on my S10. I use all Official Samsung Cables and Charging Bricks but I even get the same on the 65w Charger from my partner's S20.

The other issue which I have had twice is when I close the phone, the inner screen stays on and the outer screen doesn't display as if the phone hasn't noticed that it is closed, when I restart my phone it is absolutely fine.

Very strange, but overall very, very impressed with this phone. 
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The Samsung Flip³ is certainly an impressive piece of kit @jaketeagle 

How's the battery holding up thus far  ? I appreciate it's early days.

I'm not sure why the inner screen would remain on and with this also being intermittent that makes it more difficult to troubleshoot.

Hopefully it's a glitch that will iron itself out and you don't have to think about swapping the phone out within any applicable Cooling Off Period. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "