Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z FLIP 3 Horrible,pathetic Battery Life

(Topic created on: 28-03-2022 09:59 AM)
TheeUndertakeee
Student
Options

So I lately  bought brand new phone- totally  brand new phone! 

I read it has capacity  of 3300MAH  so I thought it might drain faster then I want but never realized it will drain so quick. This is disaster  as the phone is incredibly amazing  but you can't  make it your daily driver and use as you will run out of battery in the middle of the day especially  on heavy usage.

Thinking to return this back to dealer as this is a total  joke!

You don't  put such  pathetic  capacity  into flagship

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some owners have opted to change the refresh rate to 60 instrad of 120 to save battery life,  however its a shame a person would feel the need to reduce this to gain more usage time.

If you don't use 5G then go into Settings > Connections > choose lte/3G/2G as the phone searching for 5G uses more juice.

The phone will take around 2 weeks to optomise to your usage habits and as the battery is new it'll take a few discharge and recharge cycles to hit optimum output.

And do please check in Device Care and Battery to see what's using the battery.

All that said if you feel it's not for you then keep in mind any relevant cooling off period @TheeUndertakeee 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
The phone unfortunately isn't designed for heavy users.
Personally I don't have any issue with the battery and it lasts me the day.
I've tweaked some settings:
.dark mode
.apps in deep sleep
.turn off 5g
.turn off nearby scanning
.turn off printer scanning

I also have the s21 ultra which is an absolutely amazing phone 🤩,but I wanted a compact phone and the flip3 is perfect for what use it for.
I get around 5 hours sot and it will last me the day 😊
TheeUndertakeee
Student
Options

Yeah agree I turned them on,  straight away, all the required functions are in place, the issue is that this is now my main phone and daily driver, I have my meetings and schedules all of them there, and it is super practical , I rarely open the phone as all I need is on a small screen which is so satisfying but , in fact I can't keep it as daily driver as it drains...not speaking surely about heavy usage as said not for heavy users

0 Likes
Nevereveragain
First Poster
Options
I have used the flip 3 for 3 months and I can say it is an awful phone. Battery life is not good enough and the screen has so many issues I am about to return to my previous phone. This is the last time I use Samsung.
0 Likes
JCee
First Poster
Options
I am sooo disappointed with this phone...
1. The battery life is pathetic!!
2. The screen protector has already been replaced once by Samsung (and what a palaver that proved to be!) Now it has gone again!!!!
Get your act together please Samsung!!
0 Likes