Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 3 battery life

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 06:31 PM)
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
Had my z flip 3 for 2 weeks now battery life is horrible take it off the charger at 5am don't use it besides amazon music for an hour then sitting locked screen off yet battery drops from 90% to 50% data etc off 

Any solution to this.

It also heats up an awful lot 
12 REPLIES 12
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
Sounds faulty. Xx
AntS
Options

Hi @Franciemccool , 

Are you able to share any screenshots/info of what's in Settings > Battery and device care > Battery? Wondering if it'll show something going on in the background that's hitting the battery harder.

Also, do you have Power Saving mode on or off?

0 Likes
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
Power saving mode off Screenshot_20210901-093806_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
Sounds like it gonna wait 1 more week if its still as bad ill return it
ahmedmusthafa
First Poster
Options

I agree 8 hr work day with light use, my battery died on me before I reach home. It's unacceptable for flagship and Samsung needs to update or callback all devices.

Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
Mines not as bad as it was but its still draining with light use
0 Likes
BFC1
First Poster
Options

I feel the same, the battery is horrible for a flagship phone. I don't know why they would put such a poor battery in there.

0 Likes
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
With the september update its improved a bit but it's still not good enough especially for a flagship
0 Likes
Charismaticsql
First Poster
Options

I just got my Galaxy z flip 3 a few days ago. I knew it was getting slammed on the battery life so I watched some youtube videos to set all my  battery saving features on, hoping it would get me to the 6-8 hour mark of heavy usage. And after half a day of moderate use of web browsing and scrolling through reddit, it was down to around 28%. I'm considering returning it just over that. I really like the phone otherwise but even with battery saving features on (enhanced processing off, battery save on, dark mode, auto brightness off, 60hz refresh, etc) it lasts 4-5...ish hours. It's really disappointing. Oh, I also have the battery protection on so it only charges to 85%

I feel compelled to mention that this phone is an engineering feat.  They've compacted a lot of features, functionality and higher end specs into this small device. It's risks they take and products like this that keep Samsung at the top of their game and above others.  For me, so far, the battery life is the only downside that I've experienced.