Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 3 - Battery life is diabolical, speed not good, and doesn't connect to my car very well on a cable with the r-link

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 08:35 PM)
budda39c
Apprentice
Options

Am I the only one who is extremely disappointed with the Z flip 3?

Battery life is diabolical, speed not good either! Doesn't connect to my car very well on a cable with the r-link so I can play a music channel that is not on cars menu! I was so looking forward to have a tiny phone with all the power and features of my fold 2! My husband has that now as he has always wanted it! So disappointed 
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you have just got the phone.
It goes through a period of the software learning your usage patterns.
So the more you use it the better the software will optimise the battery usage. I. Not sure how long it takes, but you should notice a difference soon
budda39c
Apprentice
Options
Okay thankyou
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @budda39c 

The battery would take a few days to Optimise and you'll know when it's out of this phase by looking in your Device Care section under battery. It'll show a learning status.

Also it's a new battery so wouldn't reach optimum output until it's been discharged and recharged up a few time's.

There are a few generic battery saving options a person can use such as…

• Dark Mode.
  • Sleep and Deep Sleep Mode for apps.
  • Turn Off 5G in Settings then Connections. 
  • Look at changing the phone's Location Accuracy.
  • There are more that include turning Off features but my opinion is that I don't really want to curb a phone's features I find useful to be able to use the phone a little longer. I'd rather carry a power bank if required. 

I'm not sure about the issue with your car so it might be beneficial to check any dedicated car forums or speak with your dealership.

I hope things improve for you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

budda39c
Apprentice
Options
Thankyou, I concur about curbing a phones features, what is the point of getting a phone for all those features to turn them off! Not practical 😕 thankyou for the advice I was unaware of optimization until informed by Glenntech and yourself!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A pleasure @budda39c 

The Flip³ looks to be a very impressive piece of hardware and software 👍

In the near future I'll be looking at the Fold³ to possibly purchase one from Samsung UK.

The tips I gave are what I typically do on my phone as well as some others I find helps me get through a days typical personal usage.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

omoijebu
Apprentice
Options
I really do hope so cos the battery life is nasty
0 Likes