Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another cracked screen along the fold for Z Flip 3

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 02:20 PM)
MrAmar
First Poster
Options

After reading all the other posts here I find solace in that I'm not alone. But poor form Samsung!

My Flip is 9 months old, so definitely covered by the warranty. I also have Samsung Care.

I noticed recently that along the fold, the screen had developed cracks at the left and right edges. Imagine if I continued to use the phone in about a year the cracks would meet in the middle.

So I got my phone collected last week and today I'm being asked to pay £99 excess as my "Warranty void due to impact damage". The phone has a tiny dent in one corner, which doesn't effect the working of the phone. 

I checked Samsung website on what it says about warranty and : "The warranty does not cover accidental damage. If your device has a smashed or cracked screen, this will be deemed out of warranty. If the device has deep scratches or dents that cause the device not to operate, this would also be classed as out of warranty."

My phone works fine. And the cracked screen is due to a Samsung defect.

Called Samsung to complain and the lady on the phone says that I need to pay the excess and if the engineers deem that it is not a fault due to the dent I'll be issued a voucher. For Samsung store. Now why would I want that. I'm still out of pocked £99 and they just getting me to buy something from their store.

I know it's not a lot of money. But I also shouldn't be paying to repair an issue that I have had no hand in.

Been a Samsung customer for ages, first phone was the S6.  And on my 2nd watch now too.
But I'm tapping out. Samsung you have lost me.

24 REPLIES 24
chillinky
First Poster
Options
So my z3 flip has started to crack and because the outside has a little impact damage they have void the warranty and won't £300... its the screen that's faulty not the outside 😒 I've always had Samsung phones and this is the way you get treated, I'm taking this further it's unacceptable the way the sell you a phone that is prone to breaking and use any excuse.
I'm going to ensure me and my family all change to apple now for the way I've been treated
Clare49
Explorer
Options

The crease line on my z flip went 2 weeks ago, I sent off for repair, as only 10 months old, yesterday I was told it was out of warranty as it had had impact damage…….my answer…   It was immaculate bar the fold fault. Appently Samsung tried to over turn the ruling as there was impact No damage on hinge!No damage on hinge!damage on the hinge. I asked for pics, I believe they are damaging phones on purpose so as not to repair them. I am cross beyond belief, I will not let this go.

Samuelbfoster
First Poster
Options

Hello I have a Zflip3, this morning I was typing to my friend on Snapchat and the screen went white /blurry down the crease (suddenly) and appears to be getting worse each time I open and close the phone? 

I contacted Samsung this morning and they straight up told me I damaged the device although it is in perfect condition minus the crease, but could look to send a quote if I send it away for 10 days?

I am a bit lost for words as my damage cover with EE ended this morning, mearly hours before the issue occurred. I have never dropped or misused the phone and it is in perfect condition other than the fault.

I went on Reddit and I am ashamed by the hundreds  (maybe thousands) of people having this issue, some being fixednfor free, others being charged for the exact same fault *Shame on you Samsung*  

- Replacements seem to be offered when legal action is taken btw. 

I have purchased the Google Pixel 7 Pro instead of the new flip (as contract was due for renewal today) hence the cancellation of the damage cover with EE this morning.

I was going to hand this down to the mrs.

Oh and Samsung,,

I HAVE BEEN WITH YOU SINCE THE GALAXY S2 AND UPGRADED EVERY20221022_213024.jpg20221022_213004.jpg20221022_212959.jpg YEAR AND NOW YOU HAVE LOST ME.

0 Likes
Clare49
Explorer
Options

Today I received my phone back, in better condition than when I sent it 🤔, also it was wiped of all data. I thought it wasn’t my phone!

I phoned Samsung……I’ve been looking into this crease damage and it’s the lifetime screen protector that’s come away along the fold line. When I sent it for repair, which they denied, but apparently they remove the screen protector to inspect it, then replace it. My phone has come back near perfect…. Would be perfect if the company they sub contracted to could fit a screen protector properly! This is all great, however they wanted £309 from me to replace the screen they said I’d damaged. Obviously not the case!  Pic is my phone now just the 5mm in corner that’s not stuck down properly, when I sent it is was all the way across the fold. 

yes I argued with Samsung that screen obviously didn’t need replacing if they hadn’t made such a crappy job of replacing the screen protector my phone would now be perfect! 

so u ask why £309 for new screen? 

• Well when they replace a screen they also replace the battery. My phone is 10 months old I don’t need a new battery, just needed the screen fixed, that’s like going to garage for brakes for car and them doing the tyres too. 😡 
    oh ……..and just to top it off I was told to go to a Samsung store and they will fit a new screen protector for u free of charge as still under warranty.

I do hope this helps someone 

12F0A61D-D889-487F-8FCE-B85C1B7594AB.jpeg

0 Likes
rachel23456
First Poster
Options
I have sent mine away and it's been rejected as I took the screen protector off that came with it....as it was cracking as this void the warranty as well....never heard such a thing in my life so either I live with it or pay 300 for a new screen
0 Likes
Kate Escudero
Apprentice
Options

How are you getting on with this! Just had the same problem. My husband had his phone for 6 weeks - paid outright. £1k down the drain. We will take to small claims court if needs be plus Ombudsman - the phone is not fit for purpose. 

0 Likes
harryboy123
First Poster
Options
I had a thin black line in the fold crease next day it was large black line and top half of the phone was not responding I sent it off I had a message to say there was damage to the frame but there is not even the woman on the phone pulled up the photos and said she couldn't se say damage either and they will get back to me later let me say this sounds like they are trying to hide the fact so many people have the same problem with the same device I am not paying under zny circumstance for a repair when it's not my fault I am under contract with ee and I'm not paying them a penny also if samsung want to take Mr on fine I will go on every website and warn people about these faulty useless devices do bring it on samsung I will lose hundreds but you will lose hundreds of thousands for mess with me
0 Likes
harryboy123
First Poster
Options
Same problem black line in fold thr try to tell me today some damage yo frame 😆 but customer service agent saw none on the photos snd they are supposed to get back to me later looks like they are using this excuse to con people but I will put it on every review website and media if they mess either me
0 Likes
harryboy123
First Poster
Options
Don't let samsung con you folks lots of people have this black line in the fold of z flip phones are useless there is no damage to your device like the claim no frame damage just their phone are designed to fail
0 Likes
harryboy123
First Poster
Options
Don't let them away with it I'm not
0 Likes