Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Worst Launch Ever Samsung ZFold5, ZFlip5, Watch 6 Pro, Tab S9

(Topic created on: 26-07-2023 09:05 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For a company whose operating profit plunged 96%, this has to be the worst show ever.

PRODUCTS - Offer nothing notably more that tweaks
COST - Absolutely laughable even with codes and free buds.
INNOVATION - Nothing.

As a family owning multiple devices across the Samsung spectrum, ots basically a wait until the 6 series fold, flip, watch 7, no sign of buds3 of LC3 audio promised at launch on the buds2 pro.

One example even if I wished to upgrade my ZFold4 currently £36 after a Zfold3 trade in with the Samsung Upgrade scheme, now means £175 up front and £58 over 25 mths ??? for a device offering little to nothing.

It's looking like a 99% operating profit hit next month.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
27 REPLIES 27
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Arguably I purchased my Fold3 for nearly £2k, it was a 1TB version, I think the prices are flat but the premium was paid for class leading tec, now its tweaks, quality fixes and colors, which ca not command £1800+

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Options
Yea I agree. I suppose its what it's worth to you. I have always said a grand is enough for a phone but with these samsungs you get alot of tech. I still can't get over how vibrant the screen. But yea the folds have gone stale now. For me the z fold needs a wider front screen and less crease then I would consider it
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just had a hands on the Fold, Flip and Watch.

Fold, crease slightly less, still noticeable, everything else the same.

Flip, aside from the outer screen no difference, be interesting to see if it gets full access to all the promised Google Flip screen apps.

Watch, again aside from adding the bezel again, a new watch faces, nothing else notable.

S9 Ultra not had a hands on yet.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Agree the fold 3 to 4 gave a marginal front screen gain but it was worthy, but it still sits in no man's land for front screen use, 90% of the time I unfold, but then I prefer split screen and a full keyboard.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Amazon are already offering additional codes for the Flip5.

I had a pre Fold5 VIP sign up and received a code also, so deal matched so anyone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C8271T2Q?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=pepperugc03-21&ascsubtag=2555335814&t...

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Update I tried again at an EE store this time, pain as they clamp the device down so it cannot fold, anyway got it out and after allot of head scratching none of us could figure out how to activate other apps in the unfolded display.

After a few Google searches we managed to find it buried in the Labs section of the Settings app, only available apps where Messages, WhatsApp, Netflix and YouTube ???

So what is the point of the bigger display???

The EE guy scoffed saying even his Motorola flip phone can activate any app in the front screen.

0 Likes
pepsikennedy
Troubleshooter
Options
Software updates are getting more and more late for starters. At least Iphones get updated more quickly and all at once from different time zones on same day. Hate these CSC Samsung has.
0 Likes
Old Git
First Poster
Options

Not just limited upgrade to Flip and Fold considering the new competition - BUT Samsung are now being utterly cynical with trade-in offers in UK - eg offer for a Flip 4 is less than HALF in uk comapred to the US. 

I cannot deal with a company that does something unfair to it's customers here - so sadly I will have to go with a Moto perhaps - a lot of newer stuff out there and coming - 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Found another EE shop with the S9 Ultra in the flesh, no security clamps, as a S8 Ultra VERY happy owner, i will not be upgrading, WHY, well simple the retail mode gives a compare option and vs my S8 Ultra it offers near ZERO.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe we all have it wrong and Samsung have some superior plan to capture iPhone users, by removing ALL (well it was basic at best) support for the Samsung watch with an iPhone - why would any sane person do such a thing ???

Anyway her indoors still has a Flip3, but the numbers don't add up and i bought my sons Flip4 outright cash in exchange for lame Adidas voucehrs i struggled to give away, but we squandered them finally.

0 Likes