Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues and call dropping.

(Topic created on: 25-01-2022 12:21 AM)
Holyc
First Poster
Options
My phone won't connect to my WiFi which is working fine on ever other device. Well I only have the xbox and my partners phone connected but my zfold3 is now saying connected but with no Internet. When the Internet is fine. Most hardware is hardwired to cat6 ports on my house WiFi is hardly used. 

Also when on the phone the and its shut the speaker phone just goes quiet to the person on the other end. I have recording app and I have evidence of atleast 30+ calls where I have been hung up on due to trying to get the phone to trigger the voice. I have to open and close the phone or switch from speaker to handset to get them to hear me.

I have turned wifi calling off and on, I have changed providers, I used band selector app to disable 5g. 
Nothing is working and it's starting to highly annoy me that I might actually file a claim and send my phone back to my retailer. 

The problem doesn't happen when using a Bluetooth headset such as buds or Bluetooth in my car. 

Is there a fix for this stuff yet? Its my business phone and I struggle making the required calls especially if I get caught without my Bluetooth headsets. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Holyc
First Poster
Options
Here is the current WiFi Screenshot_20220125-002210_Wi-Fi Tips.jpg
0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
Just a suggestion but would it help if you cleared your phones internet and installed it again. You have probably done this but its worth a try. My flip 3 5g on ee connects to our sky broadband without any problems. Hope you get it sorted.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The December software update did have an issue with the WiFi
Yesterday the January update seems to have fixed this issue
See about downloading that. It's fixed the issue on my Z Fold 3
0 Likes
Holyc
First Poster
Options
I have done this too reset the network settings. Like I did a speed test and it's extremely slow with 500ms but xbox and my wife's phone is fine full speed. Thanks for your comment though! 20220125_102324_11438_1643106247.jpgScreenshot_20220125-082322_Speedtest.jpgScreenshot_20220125-102136_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes
Holyc
First Poster
Options
I hadn't updated my phone. Just done the December update and Jan 1st update. I don't have anymore updates and it's still an issue. I posted screenshot above of the speeds. The 500ms one is my phone when it connects. Other is partners and pc.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried going into Get Help on the Members App and tried testing the network and WiFi?
Not really sure what else you can try apart from visiting a Samsung Experience Store and getting a more detailed investigation.

Maybe try backing up your data and factory resetting the phone. Not ideal but unless someone else can suggest anything
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In respect of the WiFi problem, have you rebooted your router?

Also, have you cleared the phone's system cache?
0 Likes
Holyc
First Poster
Options
Yes I have done those things.

Also to add to the growing list of problems. My watch keeps disconnecting from the phone requiring a full reset. ***** this is possibly the worst phone I've ever had.
0 Likes
acg1909
First Poster
Options

Since I purchased this phone (T-Mobile carrier) I've had dead spots in my home. I didn't have these issues with my Galaxy Note 10+, even purchased an extender with the same results Holyc is having.  Only remedy is to switch off Wifi while making/receiving a call.  Really not happy with this phone.

0 Likes