Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling - Z Fold3 and Z Flip3

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 05:55 AM)
14tod
Journeyman
Options

New z fold 3 arrived today amazing, using s pen now,great

Only issue no WiFi calling option in Call settings.
Anyone know how toget it added.
Note 3. S3 smartwatch
10 REPLIES 10
14tod
Journeyman
Options
Bought from Samsung, contract with Vodafone in Uk
Note 3. S3 smartwatch
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
My only guess is because its not officially out yet perhaps they will be an update in the coming weeks, I could be wrong though just thought, glad your enjoying the phone, I don't dare try a foldable yet, would love to know what the battery life is like though
DannyT
Options

Wi-Fi calling is a Network feature, so you would need to contact them to ensure it's activated on your account and on their software.

Once they've confirmed any changes, do a quick reboot on your phone. To do this press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons on your phone. This may also take a screenshot, but keep holding on and it will restart. Then head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi Calling > Toggle on. 

Welcome to the Community!

DMT90865
Student
Options
Has anyone else noticed no WiFi calling? 
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DMT90865 

Calling Over Wi-Fi is a network driven feature.

It would only typically appear an an option to use if your chosen Network allows this phone as an eligible model.

Have a look on your Network's Support Page and speak to them so see if they do support it and if so they'll have a step by step process to turn it on in your account.

This is generally achieved via an Over the Air configuration text and or looking in your Network App.

A similar thread eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/wifi-calling. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @14tod 

This is the official Vodafone UK  Calling Over Wi-Fi support Page. 

wi-fi-calling. 

It shows the eligible phone's that can use the feature. That said I've also seen posts where people have got this feature activated even when the particular phone model is not showing yet available  !

This may help.

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi. 

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"
Make sure Calling Over Wi-Fi is turned on in your myvodafone.
Calling Over Wi-Fi will only activate when there is no network connection. Test by activating Flight Mode on your phone.

14tod
Journeyman
Options
Got it sorted with ota fix as suggested by band of brothers
Note 3. S3 smartwatch
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fantastic news @14tod  👍

0 Likes
Stevie911
First Poster
Options
What did you do .. any advice ?
0 Likes