Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling Preference on Fold 4

(Topic created on: 10-02-2023 07:17 PM)
Members_YBFuVgZ
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I have a new Fold 4 and noticed a behaviour around wifi calling. I have enabled wifi calling in the menu - when the mobile signal drops to no bars the wifi calling icon appears. When the signal moves to 1 or 2 bars then it turns off. This is an issue since my mobile signal is borderline so want wifi calling by default. On my old Note 9 you could set the calling preference but can't find this option on the new phone (Android 13).

Can any one confirm the above is by design in the Fold 4 and if so is it possible to set wifi calling preference?

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Members_YBFuVgZ ,

Wi-Fi calling is a feature offered by the network provider. At the moment, there is no way to set this by default on Android 13. However, it may be on the feature if this get integrated by the providers. Keep an eye out!

Chistery
Pathfinder
Options
Some networks let you pick WiFi preferred, most don't. Screenshot_20230210_181149_Call settings_1000002464_1676052726.jpg
Members_YBFuVgZ
Apprentice
Options

Hi - many thanks! I'll check with the provider now to see if they can enable wifi preferred or have plans to - thanks again!

0 Likes
Members_YBFuVgZ
Apprentice
Options

BTW I have worked round this by using a routine that turns on flight mode on (and wifi back on afterwards) depending if I'm home. Not fully tested this yet but seems to work ok

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Members_YBFuVgZ

On Fold4 international model, F936B D/S, on stock Samsung Android 13 firmware for U.K. and on the EE network, Wi-Fi preferred is in...

Phone dialler app > Menu (3 dots, top right) > Settings (see screenshot)

DIAL APP Screenshot_20230210_232858_Call settings.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Members_YBFuVgZ
Apprentice
Options

Hi! Many thanks - really useful. I have the identical model but on SMARTY but see the below. I can only toggle on and off and clicking on the button (rather than toggle) only toggles on and off as well. This implies it's a provider option which is interesting - I'll see what SMARTY say but must admit previous contacts with them has been friendly but the agents had limited technical knowledge e.g. last time they told me to remove the SIM and rub the contacts and then blamed contention for it not working (bizarre since going through wifi!!)

2023-02-11 13.54.33.jpg

craig452
First Poster
Options
Did you ever get a solution? I'm with Smarty and I'm experiencing the same issue.
0 Likes
Andygosport
First Poster
Options

Likewise having the same issue, did using the routine work?

0 Likes