Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont Samsung acknowledge the Z Flip screen issues. Totally loosing faith in this brand!!

(Topic created on: 17-05-2022 01:34 PM)
Members_nohpHs1
First Poster
Options

Got a Z flip (1st gen) that has completely gone on the fold. This was not due to physical damage and literally watched it happen before my eyes. Phone was still under warranty so contacted EE who refused to repair. Then contacted Samsung who were no help whatsoever also. I have so many Samsung devices as I use them all for my business, phones, watches, buds and was just about to purchase on of the new laptops but seriously thinking of switching my whole business to other devices due to the lack of respect shown for loyal customer service.

Have read so many other comments about people going through the same issues..... its not our fault that Samsung have produced a defective item at an inflated price and then left us to pick up the pieces.

7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not sure how many Z Flip 3 phones are affected by it.
But some do get the screens, screen protectors or both replaced with no questions asked. Under Samsung care
Others have definitely had problems and everyone gets the same reason for not being covered.
Problem comes because its a third party company that does the repairs, and they have thier own assessors.
Your first generation Z Flip is a couple of years old and will most likely be out of warranty now. Which is why EE probably can't do anything to help.
Do you have Samsung Care for the phone?
You can always try something like if you have a bank account that covers phone damage. Sometimes house insurance etc
0 Likes
ktob
Student
Options
I have the 1st gen zflip april 2020 pre ordered it just b4 lockdown the screen cracked across the fold no pixel damage though, then it started to rub away due to general scrolling from my thumbs then the battery started to get really hot where it would drain within the hour, it got so bad i booked a repair when it was 10mths old because i had to wait for shops to reopen fully samsung repair centre in leeds refused to repair unless i paid for a full screen replacement my network wouldnt repair as they said its down to samsung and stil under warranty in the end i threw it to 1 side in a drawer and bought a brand new handset the zflip is stil in contract til sept 2022 but it hasnt been used since aug 2021 it was a great phone just not made right id stay well clear. Edit.. the top scratches arent scratches thats where my ear rested when i used the phone talking calls.20220517_132733_7916_1652790456.jpg
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the pixels are all working OK
Likely the screen is ok and probably just the plastic screen protector that can be replaced.
0 Likes
ktob
Student
Options
I dont have a screen protector on on as thats what i originally thought thats why samsung repair centre wanted to charge me full price they said mine didnt have a screen protector built in on to screen🤷🏼‍♀️
0 Likes
Members_FIUcoT1
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same issue right now. I purchased my Galaxy Z Flip in October last year and it had been working great up until yesterday, when I took my phone out of my bag and notices a big light coloured line across the fold which has increased the fold indent. 

O2 looked at the damage and said that they could do nothing but assess it and then send it away, but that I would likely have to pay for it as allegedly screen damage is not included in the 3 year warranty they tout so proudly (despite the fact that under the terms of the warranty this excludes purely cosmetic issues only, and not those which affect the functioning - ie opening and closing - of the phone). Samsung have said that they will collect and assess, but once again may be at my own cost. 

How long can they continue to sell clearly defective products and expect unwitting consumers to pay out for repairs? 

0 Likes
Ashish Dubey
First Poster
Options

I also started having problems recently with my samsung zflip 3 phone which i bought somewhere in November 2021. This is still under warranty but all these posts about this common screen problem makes me think that its not even worth trying to go for repair option because samsung wont admit the fault. I have been always a customer of Samsung and never thought of buying an iphone but looks like this is going to change now. Its not exactly a crack but looks like due to indurability of the the screen , there are marks on the screen around where it folds . Was not expecting it from Samsung

0 Likes
chopkins
Student
Options

We have had this problem too: big black line across the screen started around the crease, making it unusable. Took it to EE store and they said fine, send it for repair. Then get a message saying it'll be £300 and they won't fix the defective screen otherwise - the excuse is because there are a few light scuffs on the casing (from being in a bag for 3 months). Could be huge for Samsung of course if they had to replace all flip phone screens every 3-6 months without charging, but wondering what our rights are. In terms of consumer rights, are they not obliged to replace a defective product??

0 Likes