Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp does not download the media in the cloned app of the second number (eSim + Sim on Z Fold 3)

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 05:14 PM)
EdCup
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, from the Samsung Z Fold 3 settings I enabled the double account on Whatsapp.
The first problem was not having downloaded the backup I had, in the end I didn't download it anymore. Now I have noticed another problem, whatsapp does not download media.
I have checked and enabled all permissions. The absurd thing is that, fortunately, I realized that it works with whatsapp web. So I can download and view everything from PC and not from mobile.

The wording when I try to download is: "Download failed, try again later"

Can you help me? Thanks

-------------------Italiano-----------------------------------

Salve a tutti,

Come da titolo, dalle impostazioni di Samsung Z Fold 3 ho abilitato il doppio account su Whatsapp.
Il primo problema è stato non aver scaricato il backup che avevo, alla fine non l'ho più scaricato. Adesso ho notato un altro problema, whatsapp non scarica i media.
Ho controllato e abilitato tutte le autorizzazioni. La cosa assurda è che, per fortuna, mi sono accorto che con whatsapp web funziona. Quindi posso scaricare e visualizzare tutto da PC e no dal cellulare.

La dicitura quando provo a scaricare è: "Download fallito, riprova più tardi"

Potete aiutarmi? Grazie

24 REPLIES 24
HJmy
Student
Options

Im having the exact same issue with no solution. It's so annoying!

Lgsoares
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately i have the same problem. So disappointing to buy a top model very expensive and have this issue. Since several years I am Samsung user and always used this functionality of Dual WhatsApp.  Really hope that Samsung sorts this.

EdCup
Apprentice
Options

I contacted samsung support and they told me they were aware of this problem and that it will be fixed at the next update (hopefully)

io ho contattato l'assistenza samsung e mi ha detto che erano a conoscenza di questo problema e che sarà fixato al prossimo aggiornamento (si spera)

Members_70urcBm
First Poster
Options

Did you solve it? I am in big trouble, using the second account for work

EdCup
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately I was unable to solve it. Yesterday they updated my z fold but they didn't fix this bug. I give you the link of an app that I use to listen to audio messages and send files

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp.web.scanner.dual.app.scan

0 Likes
HJmy
Student
Options

I was updated  with the latest sept securty patch update. The problem still persist.  Let's hope Oct update will resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
bobtheknight
Apprentice
Options

still waiting. have the same problem as in cannot download images on the second whatsapp account.  also cannot restore from Google (again second account). I too use the second account for work, and one of the most important reasons in switching to a more "productive" phone. Samsung needs to get its act together.  the xiaomi and Huawei phones don't have these teething problems even at launch.

Depa82
Student
Options

I'm experiecing the exact same problem, just purchased the Galazy Fold Z 3 and dual whatsapp does not access to the storage (and dual whatsapp I used it for work therefore is paramount to have it)...this is a huge shame and I'm extremely disappointed by this lack of professionality from Samung...Pls keep us posted about when this problem will be finally solved unless I will throw this huge Folded ***** and after more than 15 years with Samsung I will pass to Iphone

Depa82
Student
Options

Hi everybody, just to let you know how I'm coping with dual WhatsApp problem, as alternative solution I downloaded WhatsApp  Business using the same number of the whatsapp dual and now I have been able both to restore the last backup and to start again using the normal WhatsApp functionalities. Still this doesn't change my/our disappointment about the lack of professionality from Samsung, but at least will enable who is facing this problem to bypass the problem.

I hope this will be useful for you all...