Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What DAC is in the Z FOLD3?

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 03:53 PM)
robpsych
Journeyman
Options
Simple question, virtually impossible to find out, even with HW Info Pro app.
I want to know the exact chip used and what are its capabilities. 
Simple questions, yes. I would have thought Samsung would be proud to give this information, or is it some industrial secret, I very much doubt. One review gives it very good playback (in house as it were, just using its own internal speakers) and excellent recording. 
So, I want to know what are the limits of its audio streaming capabilities.
From GSMarina you can obtain the information that it has Bluetooth 5.2 with aptx HD codec which is pretty much current cutting edge and certainly seems to work very well with the iFI go Blue. 
Usb Audio Player Pro says it has an Hi Res internal audio chip. I want to know more! (Preferably without tearing the thing down to find out!)

2 REPLIES 2
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Agree I also use USB Audio Pro App with an Audio quest Cobalt DAC.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
chef_koch
First Poster
Options

+1

0 Likes