Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a shame

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 01:31 PM)
Dstaa
Student
Options

I spent most of last year saving up for the fold 3. Even tho all the leaks drove me insane once the fold was revealed my heart sank to the floor. I had 2000 in the bank, was so excited to run out and spend the lop and this flagship left me wondering why! Why are the cameras so basic compared to other samsung flagship ranges. Especially the selfie camera? 4mp really? When did we go back in time? Great software on two screens so Why is the battery so low mAh no 65w fast charging either? Theres room for a larger one surely? Why have they thinned out the front again? I want the screen the size of a normal phone not a squashed up one with a weird aspect ratio. Why would you not put a slot for the s pen? Its more than big enough to put one in there. So now you have to buy a seperate case to hold it?!

I so wanted this phone but 1600 for it to be half of a flagship? If your going to pay this much for a phone EVERYTHING should be high end. I realise they made the phone cheaper but i would have been more than happy to pay the extra for the upgrades. Ive never know phones to be downgraded as the range evolves totally backward thnking.

Im not saying all the upgrades arent great the improvements to software and build are definitely  a step in the right direction. But i will be saving my 2000 and hoping for more next year or from other phone companies. Fingers crossed 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Only thing I can say to that the front screen has to be that small because of the hinge and reason the front camera is so bad is because the screen tries to hide it, personally I would have just slapped a 10mp and left it at that but I suppose the outside selfie camera is still good, the rest I agree with. The one and only reason I won't buy a z series is the battery's are too small, I tear through a 4000 mah battery on a 6.2 screen every day, my battery is very good it gets me through the day comfortably however I wouldn't want it any less. I do think the next fold will be the one to add more specs they are basically still beta phones in my opinion, I'm no guinea-pig so s series for the foreseeable for me
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The cameras are a lot better than you think.
The inside selfie camera has been perfectly OK for my video calls with no one having any complaints. For detailed selfie photos you'd use the outer camera anyway.
The front screen I will agree about it being a bit too thin, but saying that, I still use it a lot. Once you get used to it.
To make the phone much wider, it will be too much of a heavy brick in your pocket as some of the width is taken up with the hinge mechanism.
I'm sure eventually there will be a sturdy enough design that will be incorporated into the phone more.
Battery life does last a long time and mine usually lasts the whole day. Charger could be faster, but I'm happy with what it does as the slightly lower charging will preserve the battery life.

I wouldn't be upset about it really. As the design was never going to change much from previously.
It has a nice quality about it.
Why not find a place to go and see the phone yourself. Get hands on with it.
It's not all about what's on the spec sheet.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
For me it's the battery life what sot are you getting? The other specs I don't really care about it's all about battery life, on the s21 I'm getting 6-8 hours a day.
0 Likes
Dstaa
Student
Options
I realise for everyday usage the specs as they are would suffice most people. Maybe i could get used to the weird elongated front screen over time. But with the inside tablet sized screen, its faster refresh rates and brighter display. It just makes no sense to put in a smaller battery than last years fold 2. Hard to understand when we know how great samsungs cameras and batteries are on the likes of the S21 ultra. I just think when your paying this much for it then all specs should be top shelf not half good and half so so.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Think the longest screen on time I got was about eight and a half hours.
But with more background apps being refreshed and depending on the type of work you are doing. Screen on time is a bit irrelevant.
All I can say is that I get a full day. Up about 5:30 and finish my day around 23:00. Phone is usually around the 25% to 12% area.
So more excessive use will drop that down
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yes I do understand that, the price is a new kind of ridiculous, and there is no reason at all why they can't provide an s21 camera and battery. I suppose it just is all about that screen. If you want to top phone I guess it still goes to the ultra of the s series.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That's not too bad really that's on par with the s21.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea screen time can be irrelevant the most i have got is 8 on the s21 and the least I have got is 2 but that's because I was talking on the phone for multiple hours
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Dstaa 

The Z Fold³ is most definitely an extraordinary piece of hardware and software to behold.

Mobile phone advancements have certainly come on in leaps and bounds recently. 

Who'd of thought we'd come from what was becoming the norm in relation to a candy bar look, to what we can choose from now via Samsung 👏

From the YouTube reviews from creators, owner reviews and tech sites most agree that the inner under display camera is most probably going to not be used by most for selfie usage, and will just use the outer camera module set up for this.

Maybe in the next Fold release the technology would be introduced to improve the under the screen camera module.

I'm not sure on the reason for battery size but I would like to point out that in most cases it's not just actual battery size that creates a good usage time on a phone.

It's about software and optimisation along with the Snapdragon soc working as well as it can.

I have come across phone's that have ample battery size, but due to poor optimisation the actual real world usage time's have been rather poor.

I appreciate your viewpoint on the dimensions of the outer screen but I feel there has to be some compromise due to the way the Fold³ works.

As others have said if you had a fuller width screen size on the outside the phone's dimensions would be gigantic, and would also loose some of it's streamlined aesthetics.

It could lose it's pocket ability and become too bulky. I submit that would be fine also for some, but Samsung has to cater for a wider audience of consumers.

I have seen various reviews from new owners who at first agreed with you that the outer screen was smaller than they were used to.

The key factor here is used to.

Due to how phone's have developed the screens have become larger.

Take for example the Note phone's I use.

I was used to previous phone's that were not as wide so when I first picked up a Note phone my first thought was that's a wide screen and would I get used to it !

Well the answer is Yes I did as your eyes and hands get used to the difference, and adapt so that after a relatively short period of time you get passed the this is different stage.

So other Fold³ owners have said the same that they adjusted to the new dimensions pretty fast.

I'm sure if I pulled the trigger and bought the Z Fold³ I would immediately notice the new dimensions at first especially after using my Note 20 Ultra 5G but I'd adjust too. 😎

Give it some time and I'm willing to bet you will too 👍

There is a YouTube Creator called JerryRigEverything who opens up phone's to go though what is inside them. 

He has already uploaded one video on the Fold³ to show how the screen works and how durable the phone is.

To be honest it breaks my heart to see such a beautiful phone taken apart but at the same time shows what the phone's all about under the hood.

Perhaps take a look on YouTube.

Anyhow my point is on opening up the phone it may show if there is space for a a sPen silo like the Note has.

Or maybe in the next iteration of the Fold Samsung can move things around a little to be able to house one !

What I wouldn't want is for Samsung to have to increase the overall dimensions to be able to introduce a sPen silo.

The Fold³ leather case with sPen silo is nice but I'm not keen on how it overshoots the side of the Fold³ when the phone is unfolded.

There is a YouTube video where a person has customised this particular Samsung Case where via using a sharp Stanley blade they removed the first part of the case. Cut off the silo part and then used bonding glue to adhere the sPen silo to the back and then bought a nice front screen frame part from Amazon.

It looks pretty smart to be honest. 

Take a look here >

So are you keeping your Samsung Z Fold³ may I ask  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes