Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty (con) do not buy Samsung in the future

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 10:07 AM)
Az7854
Journeyman
Options

DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG I ALWAYS HAD SAMSUNG PRODUCTS BECAUSE APPLE ARE REALLY POOR IN WHAT THEY GIVE FOR THEIR VALUE BUT SAMSUNG ARE WORSE THEY VOID YOUR WARRANTY WITH THIRD PARTY COMPANIES (tmt) I sent a perfectly fine zfold3 to be checked for it being slow but when tmt got the phone they said it had impact damage which was a lie and the same thing has happened to 100s of people stay clear of Samsung void warranty on purpose and send you a big bill con ethics are wrong 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If I have to send a phone or anything away under warranty I always take time and date stamped pictures of the device,  which includes photo's of the device turned On and if possible one of the water indicators normally found in the sim card slot aperture.

Did you do this to help support your claim the phone wasn't damaged in the way they are claiming it is now ?

Is it possible the " impact damage " happened during transit.

If this could be the case then there maybe in-transit insurance that can be claimed against @Az7854 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Az7854
Journeyman
Options

I recorded my phone all good delivery driver checked the phone all good soon as it got to tmt it had impact damage am telling you 100s of people saying the same thing device go in perfectly fine and all void warranty due to impact damage and Samsung escalation team don’t want to hear anything from consumer they just follow their engineer and it’s final Samsung need to investigate tmt they are crooks maybe Samsung are aware and don’t do nothing 

0 Likes
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Exact same issue here. Impact damage apparently that I can't even see. I declined the repair, they sent it back with no screen protector, called samsung who didn't want to know. Be interesting to see what happens come upgrade time as I'm on the samsung upgrade program. I'm thinking of just keeping it another year and then binning samsung off due to appalling customer service
0 Likes
Trace Malloch
First Poster
Options

I'm going through exactly the same issue. My phone had battery drain and flickering bottom screen. No visible damage when I sent it for repair. They sent photos with cracks and said the damage was through misuse. I told them they had the wrong phone in the attached photo. They are wanting to charge $220 to fix it at a discount price. I've lodged complaint with ACCC. My first and last Samsung I wish I never purchased the phone and I'm going back to Apple. Lesson learnt.

0 Likes
ihatemyfone
Apprentice
Options

TMTFirst are also the ones saying that this........

caused by scratches !!!!!!caused by scratches !!!!!!this caused delamination ?this caused delamination ?

0 Likes
ihatemyfone
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Tnreeh
First Poster
Options

Message me at Tnreeh@gmail.com, I'm gonna be setting up a class action lawsuit. Their devices arent properly calibrated to register a damaging drop.

0 Likes
Members_y9nJjpF
First Poster
Options

I've just had the same  thing happen sent my flip 4 for the second time to be repaired and apparently warrenty is void due to impact damage TMT  apparently there is a dent at the side of the phone!!!!!!!! I'm telling you there is no way an impact damage to my phone I have not dropped phone and has been in a case since the day I got it. I'm in disbelief 🤨 and samsung won't do anything! I am now awaiting phone back as I'm not paying for a repair that should be under warranty! 

0 Likes