Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning regarding fold Z3 and adhesive case's

(Topic created on: 11-09-2021 08:24 PM)
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
https://youtu.be/JCrBxA6n7As

Just like to warn people just come across this YouTube video about adhesive on Samsung fold Z3 cases

Be free to like video🤙🙌🤙I have ☺️

Oh yeah I forgot I don't own the Samsung fold Z3 I just want to get it out there for all you like you've paid a lot of money
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for sharing this @jimS10 

I haven't seen those cases that have adhesive on the back of the phone to be fair.

I have seen the versions where there's a small strip of adhesive on the front edge of a case that goes on the outer front screen of the Fold³ however.

From a few of the YouTube reviews I've seen some don't remove the plastic cover strip over the adhesive as they like to swap their cases out.

I'd be distraught if I applied a case to such as expensive phone as the Fold³,  to then have the potential to damage it if I wanted to swap the case out for another.

Personally I think I'd stay with the Samsung Official Cases for this phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah something not to use them strips like you said they want to remove the case but it's always good to know this just in case I'm just thinking of all these people out there who have spent a lot of money on that phone just get it out there so they're aware of it but yeah and you have a great weekend 🤙🙌🙌🤙
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's a good shout to highlight this @jimS10 👍

The only minor issue I can see with not removing the plastic strip that sits on the thin adhesive strip along one side of the front frame is that it wouldn't be attached as well, and you'll see the small little pull tab of said plastic strip just sitting on the outer screen but it's not that intrusive.

jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Oh yeah that's why it's all about them strips plus on the phone is like I think it's the right hand side it's something to do with the 5Gs plastic it's locking infrared thing you've got to be careful that you don't pull it off that's if you've actually used them adhesive strips That could be pre fixed where is you only peel off the top of it that's what's all about them strips
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I believe it's the adhesive on the rear case part that the YouTube reviewer is raising concerns on.

The Official Samsung Case's I've looked at use no adhesive pads or straps on the rear part of the case.

The front frame just has a little thin piece of adhesion down one side @jimS10 

jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
I believe it's something to do with that there circles in red Screenshot_20210912-103511_Gallery.jpg
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes that's correct @jimS10 

According to the YouTube video some manufacturers have placed an adhesive pad on the back part of the case that then sticks to the antenna part of the Fold³, and then if a person wants to remove the case at some point this can lead to damage to that important part of the phone.