Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Programme Something went wrong Error Message

(Topic created on: 15-08-2021 02:29 PM)
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

I am currently eligible to upgrade my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G via the Samsung Upgrade Programme.  I am able to choose either of the models and storage sizes.  It then takes me to the basket and adds the Starter Kit for Free.  However, when I try and add either the 1 Year FREE or 2 Year PAID Samsung Care+ it keeps saying "Something went wrong".  This has been happening for the past 4 days.  I have tried various web browsers, data connections (WiFi and Cellular), on my phone, PC and MacBook and still the same issue.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Or knows how to fix it?

71 REPLIES 71
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
It was coming up like this before Screenshot_20210816-142753_Photos_27485.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

Are you simply buying the device and then trading in your old device?  Or are you doing this through the Samsung Upgrade Programme and Klarna?

0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
Samsung upgrade program via klarna, that is what it was doing the last couple of days today it's not adding
0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
Seems like another issue I just spoke to support again they are advising me not to proccess the order until it adds. They have asked me to clear my cache and cookies and try a different browser. These problems are endless.

The only good thing is they have confirmed that we don't need to add Insurance add basket it can be set up for free once we get the phone.
0 Likes
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

Ah interesting, so this is the process that the website takes me through:

1.  Open https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/.

2.  Click on the "Check if you are eligible to upgrade" button.

3.  Insert my current loan agreement and surname.  The check states - "Congratulations!  You can now upgrade to the new Galaxy.  With our new Upgrade Programme, you pay a lower monthly cost, with an optional final payment to keep the phone.".  Then I click on "Choose your Galaxy" button.

4.  Click on the Phone I would like, the storage size and the colour, then click on the "Choose" button.

5.  This opens the "Tell us about your current phone" page.  I click Yes to all the options as my phone is in very good condition.  It then states that my phone is Grade A - No surcharge.  I think click on the "Continue" button.

6.  I then get taken to my basket. 

AndrewD94_0-1629122748451.png

It doesn't show me my current device like yours, then when I try and add either of the Samsung Care+ (1 Year FREE or 2 Years at £189.00) it then gives me a banner at the top of my basket saying "Something went wrong".

AndrewD94_1-1629122781290.png

0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
Yes same as me now, but the last few days my old device was coming up. So annoyed I was actually going to do it now I have had confirmation for the Samsung care plus but now another issue.
0 Likes
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

Did the confirmation say that you would get the 1 Year for FREE or would you have to pay £109.00 for it?

0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
I haven't processed it, support said the fix for the issue is that we can claim with the 1 year plus once we have the phone.
0 Likes
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

Hmm... I would be sceptical as they might turn around and say that you have to pay £109.00 for the 1 Year cover rather than get it for free.

0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
I have the transcript for evidence not sure what help that would do but is proof
0 Likes