Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Programme Something went wrong Error Message

(Topic created on: 15-08-2021 02:29 PM)
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

I am currently eligible to upgrade my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G via the Samsung Upgrade Programme.  I am able to choose either of the models and storage sizes.  It then takes me to the basket and adds the Starter Kit for Free.  However, when I try and add either the 1 Year FREE or 2 Year PAID Samsung Care+ it keeps saying "Something went wrong".  This has been happening for the past 4 days.  I have tried various web browsers, data connections (WiFi and Cellular), on my phone, PC and MacBook and still the same issue.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Or knows how to fix it?

71 REPLIES 71
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
I was given that message Thursday and then Saturday morning. 24-48 hours for the system to update to be fixed.
0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options

I just rang them again because they told me it would be fixed on Monday and to wait 24hours when I rang Saturday morning. Again wait 24-48 hours this person did not know if it was a known issue and I had the same poor experience as usual. 

The interesting bit is she said if you can register your Samsung care plus for free on the Samsung care plus website after the phone has been bought. I did say it needs to be added to basket but she seems to think we will still get it for free. I'm not willing to risk it without any official confirmation rather then over the phone.

Autobeat
Journeyman
Options
I've just had another lengthy chat session. They have said the same thing about Care+ (doesn't need to be in basket, you can just claim it afterwards).
I've got the chat transcript so I've decided to go ahead and orderScreenshot_20210816-124553_Gallery_11128.jpg
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
Interesting maybe that is the fix. I can't get my note to add to basket now on the trade in original my note 20 was showing on the order with the fold and the free starter pack and now the phone doesn't add.
0 Likes
Autobeat
Journeyman
Options
Mine never showed in the basket after declaring condition etc
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

Went to try and not add the Samsung Care+ to see if it would let me proceed.  Now it is giving me the following error - "We’re currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.".  This has not been a very smooth pre-order for this device.

0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
So was it confirmed as an exchange for your note 20? Normally it should add your old phone to basket as trade in, it has been for me the last few days. And have you managed to process the order?
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

I am doing an upgrade via the Samsung Upgrade Programme so it is asking about the condition of my current device that I will be returning.  I think I resolved it as it was showing 2 items in my Cart.  So removed that and it allowed me to do the check.  Just away to talk to Live Chat and see about the "adding it later", but I see that it will cost me £109 to add it for 1 year afterwards when it was showing as FREE on the Upgrade Website.

0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
Yes when you do the 5 tick boxes for the condition your old phone comes up in the basket as to send back for the Samsung upgrade program. It was adding for me the last few days but today It wont add and as usual the care plus won't.

That's what I'm worried about Is ordering the phone and it not allowing to sign up for the care plus for free after and having to pay.
0 Likes
Autobeat
Journeyman
Options
No, but even looking at my previous confirmation emails, my previous device to be returned isn't on them.
0 Likes