Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Programme Something went wrong Error Message

(Topic created on: 15-08-2021 11:52 PM)
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

I am currently eligible to upgrade my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G via the Samsung Upgrade Programme.  I am able to choose either of the models and storage sizes.  It then takes me to the basket and adds the Starter Kit for Free.  However, when I try and add either the 1 Year FREE or 2 Year PAID Samsung Care+ it keeps saying "Something went wrong".  This has been happening for the past 4 days.  I have tried various web browsers, data connections (WiFi and Cellular), on my phone, PC and MacBook and still the same issue.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Or knows how to fix it?

71 REPLIES 71
Luez
Pathfinder
Options
Same happens to me when I try to pay for the fold I get something went wrong. Won't let me pay and I'm using the same card to pay as I did last year for my note 20 ultra.
0 Likes
Autobeat
Journeyman
Options
I've had the same issue and spoken to support. The issue here is that current upgrade program members cannot get the free 1 year care+. It is only available to new upgrade program customers.
Not sure why you can't add the 2 year though. I haven't tried, but won't be upgrading based on the lack of free care+
0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options

I have spoken to support 3 times since Wednesday, because you can not process the order either. Samsung upgrade customers are eligible for the free 1 year it clearly says my upgrade email. There is a known issue with the Samsung upgrade customers which they are trying to fix.

Autobeat
Journeyman
Options
That's good to know, maybe some hope yet...
I was first told that no upgrade programs were eligible....then when I pointed out that I could add it as a new program customer, I was then told only current upgrade program customers weren't eligible 😒
It's not something I can find in my upgrade email though
0 Likes
T3LF
Pioneer
Options
Even if they get it fixed I'm not sure if I want to go through with it they will really need to sweateen the deal. I'm very disappointed with the customer service the past few days. I don't get myself much throughout the year and normally this is the one big thing I get and Samsung has killed the whole experience for me.
Bri79
Explorer
Options

I get the same and have varying responses from Samsung support - upgrade program is not eligible, there's a bug, it'll take 12-24 hours to resolve (said last thursday), and apparently I'm added to an email list and will be notified once this is resolved.  

0 Likes
Autobeat
Journeyman
Options
I have just come off a chat session again. Here is the latest response....SmartSelect_20210816-094943_Chrome_11124.jpg
AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

Let us hope that this issue is resolved within that time frame, I don't want to miss out on the Pre-Order.

AndrewD94
Explorer
Options

I was supposedly added to this email as well.  I did reply to the initial email with my ticket number asking for an ETA on resolution or next update, but yet to hear back, which is disappointing.  Not giving a great impression when it comes to customer support.

0 Likes