Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade not due until October 15th but I've paid my loan payments early

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 08:07 PM)
Maxporter19
Student
Options
Can I upgrade through the programme even if I'm not due to upgrade until the 15th of October if I have paid the deposit and 12 months of payments?

I hesitated to upgrade Last year because samsung decided to snake us by switching the note line into the foldable upgrade period. If I can only upgrade in October then Samsung is ***** the customer again as I'll miss out on any of the upgrade bonus like Samsung care etc.. same thing happened to me last year
3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The upgrade program is for 24 months. You can either after 12 months upgrade, or for the two years with a final payment at the end
You will have the option to pay it off early.
But if you have not got to the first 12 months, then you won't be able eligible to upgrade.
Equally if you are passed the 12 months by at set period. You will have missed the upgrade window.
Details for the contract will be in your terms and conditions that you will have signed to accept.
So if you are not in the eligible period, then unfortunately you will need to wait.
Maxporter19
Student
Options
I'm on month 10 now but I've paid the next two months already, can I not just ask to upgrade now?
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Depends on how you financed the phone.
If its through Klarna. Klarna pay in full the cost of the phone and you have effectively borrowed money from them. So you are paying them back.
As I understand it, if you make overpayment to Klarna. This just reduces the loan and doesn't affect the upgrade contract you have with Samsung.
You normally get an email inviting you to upgrade.
It's worth a call to Samsung Customer Support to see if there are any other options they can help out with.
But I think your only option is to wait, or pay off the rest of the loan to close the account.
0 Likes