Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 12:24 PM)
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
Hi,

Can anyone tell me, why i can't download the new update using wifi? Downloading with data only. First time for me, but my wife's last update on her previous phone and the current one is the same. Is it something new or some settings i don't know about?

Thanks
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's Visa Versa with my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra @StuPenguin  !

I can only download updates via Wi-Fi.

My phone won't entertain updating using my Mobile Data.

My Samsung Fold³ will update over both types of connections.

When you get an update and you have Wi-Fi turned On what does your phone say to you  ?

Have you tried toggling off Mobile Data to force Wi-Fi.

Is your Wi-Fi connection strong and fast enough ?

Are you using a VPN ?

You should be able to set updates to download over Wi-Fi in Settings , Software Update, Auto Download Over Wi-Fi.

Have a look at the suggestions in this thread > https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-a5/1020791-software-update-galaxy-store-wont-downlo... 

There are some more suggestions via a Google Search too.

I wish you all the best.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
The connection is ok, never had any issues. Just how i mentioned, once it started randomly first my wife's S21, than now on my Flip 4. No VPN, no mobe data turned on when we are at home. The remaining time shows --:-- , the download bar not moving at all. Have had the same when first time switched on the phone, the wallet and the wearable app never updated on wifi, only with the data. Strange, anyway
0 Likes
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
I know you can change settings so you can download an update using mobile data or wifi. Make sure the wifi icon doesn't have ! as that indicates you are connected to wifi with no internet connection
0 Likes
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
This setting is ok, the internet connection is live, everything else is working, expect the download.
0 Likes