Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair please help - Galaxy Fold3 5G

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 05:57 PM)
Members_utVQHEP
First Poster
Options

Hi i bought a samsung galaxy fold 3 5g with 512gb of storage for over £1700.00 yesterday now its on sale for £1300.00 this seems unfair cant i get some kind of refund or discount now?...This is by using the discount code BLACKFRIDAY i could use the extra money to my my kids more chritmas presents.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It can be done but it is fiddly and Samsung Customer Services will be a law unto themselves.

1. Cancel the order. (you may have to wait and reject delivery then wait for refund)

2. Order another in the Black Friday sale. (forgive me for next comment, this assumes you can afford to pay for 2 now and wait for a refund on the first one which may take a couple of weeks).

Good luck
Members_utVQHEP
First Poster
Options

Well as i say it is a bit unfair and no i cant afford to buy another and return this one.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Try giving Samsung Customer Services a call but to be truly honest, I wouldn't hold your breath.

They are far from renowned for being supportive and helpful sadly.
0 Likes
DBennett
First Poster
Options
I feel your pain, unfortunately stuff like this happens all the time, not just in the mobile sector.

You could get lucky and find a very nice Samsung support employee to help you but realistically Samsung probably won't take responsibility.

Unfortunately they aren't responsible if you decide to purchase a phone before they advertise a deal, as a consumer you have accepted to buy the phone at that price entirely by your own choice and as a business they can't advertise that they have a deal coming in the future otherwise no-one would buy their products.

Good luck though, I hope you're able to work it out.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I really do feel for you @Members_utVQHEP in regards to this.

However I do agree with the other comments too in regards to offers and promotions and the fact that some can miss out.

I like you have missed out too in the past.

As mentioned you can cancel or if past the cancellation stage with your order then you have 28 days to return the phone for a refund and in the meantime place a second order , however these devices are not cheap and I respect what you've said in one of your replies to this option. 

I'm afraid you'll find that Samsung won't be able to adjust your current order or apply a promotion that's come Live after you've placed the initial order.

With recent current unprecedented time's I'm appreciative of how some people's finance's are.

Maybe look at buying using the Klarna or PayPal Finance option and then when you receive the refund for the 1st Flip³ then pay it off.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Fraser-ok
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I did the same thing a few months ago. I rang Samsung customer services but they wouldn't update my order to the new price.
They did cancel the first order prior to me receiving it and I had the refund the same day. I then reordered at the lower price. Hope this helps?
0 Likes
TABATHA  TWEEDY
First Poster
Options

I have a z fold 3 I want a refund. I have had it for 7 months screen is cracking in the fold it's a very line but a friend of mine has had hers for 1year and that is why I got mine she traded hers in on I phone last night hers is doing the same thing. It has NOT been Dropped it is in a leather case you want me to send it in for 5 to 7 business days plus shipping time or drive 3 hours to fix and if they can fix it that day it will be another 3 hours I have a dad with a bad heart that is so bad they cant fix and my in laws are in the upper 80's. I live in the country drive 15 miles to work and it's winter. I have grand children I help transport places and watch at my home I really can't be without a phone. This phone is JUNK . Also the Cell Phone store stop offering this phone to customers and so have other stores because of this problem and you are offering $150 credit back on them they should not be for sale I want a REFUND so I can get another phone.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Tabatha TWEEDY 

The factory fitted screen protector on my Samsung Fold³ delaminated along the crease which can look like a crack.

I carefully peeled mine off and it's fine.

This does not invalidate the warranty and one can be purchased from a ³rd party accessory company such as Whitestone Dome if required or ask Samsung to replace it.

I can only speak for the Terms and Conditions in the UK.

And as such Samsung will only offer a Repair after 14 days of ownership here in the UK.

I appreciate your viewpoint on not being able to be without a phone due to your circumstances so maybe a friend , colleague, family member or neighbour has a back up phone / spare phone what they can let you use in the interim while your phone is repaired.

Or an inexpensive phone can be purchased in the interim and rhenium used as a back up for future use if required. 

Just a thought. 

I wish you all the best. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes