Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in issues

(Topic created on: 19-09-2021 10:51 AM)
igibbwiz
Apprentice
Options
Traded in my fold 1 for a fold 3, it was received, no notification for a long time then told the camera had a cracked in it and requesting 150 pounds payment.  It was not cracked when I sent as I checked it , and it was my baby  so really looked after it. Anyone else had this result.  I sent it in original fold 1 box and then in another box. So more protection than what it had originally.
4 REPLIES 4
Luez
Pathfinder
Options
Did you take photos of the phone before you sent it in for trading. If so that's the proof that the camera was fine when sent as photos have time and date on them.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sending time and date stamped pictures of the phone would have been helpful however it could be suggested that this is what the phone looked like when that particular photo was taken but not how it was recieved by Samsung.

It's an unfortunate situation to be in.

When I traded my phone in with Samsung last time I did this in a Samsung Experience Store so none of that happened to me.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
igibbwiz
Apprentice
Options
Dis not sorry to say
0 Likes
CGriff36
Pathfinder
Options
The last two times I traded in my S9 and S20, they found fault with the screens requesting a surcharge payment. The screen was fine.The trade in company Samsung use is third party. Both times I have got directly intouch with Samsung, and they waived the surcharge no problem. I would contact Samsung directly.
0 Likes