Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The screen is broken in the cold weather.

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 07:09 AM)
WONY
First Poster
Options

The temperature outside this morning was about -20 degrees Celsius. When I opened my cell phone in the car to go to work, it could not be touched. So I closed and opened the cell phone, and the folding part in the middle of the display was broekn suddenly. I couldn't understand, so I searched Google and saw several articles saying that it was damaged in cold weather. When I called Samsung Care+, he said I had to pay 160CAD for repairs. Do I have to pay for the repairs even though it's not my fault? What if it's broken again even though it's not my fault due to the cold weather after repairing it, do I have to pay for it and fix it again? Then shouldn't you have told me in advance that you don't sell it to Canada, which has cold weather?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This maybe helpful to you

What is covered under the Samsung Warranty for mobile devices

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/what-is-covered-under-the-samsung-warranty/
0 Likes
WONY
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply,

but which part would you recommend me to read?

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
What is not covered
I guess will give you some idea
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @WONY

I believe there is some information in regards to how the phone will operate in cold weather, but this shouldn't affect the screen or cause damage to it. 

The best option in my opinion is to let Samsung have hands on with the phone to assess it.

Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Doorstep Repair Service, region dependent.

Then see what they say.

Also look to any relevant mobile phone insurance or home contents insurance if Samsung deny support if they assess that this is user error.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Karusai
First Poster
Options

I just ordered my ZFlip 3. After the fact, I started wondering if the cold is what was causing this to happen. I live in Maine. After a little bit of common sense and research, I realize this is exactly what is going on. Out of my own pro-active measures, I know now what not to do and what precautions to take. 
Cold + Glass = SNAP
This will more than likely always be the case unless they decide to make the screen with inferior plastic. Maybe we'll get a new type of cellulose screen or something in the future.

0 Likes