Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Files

(Topic created on: 04-08-2022 01:37 PM)
Masser
Voyager
Options
Are all syat3m files required for z fold 3.
Looking at the total gigabyte I just want to know if anything can be deleted, forced stopped, or whatever else.
Also OTHER what is OTHER anything here can be cleaned deleted or forced stopped 
Asking to save space. This is always something I've wondered about.

Genuine replies please..

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Masser 

First thing is to mention one has to be very careful what is deleted.

Here is some information on the ' other ' section.

https://fixwill.com/what-is-other-in-storage-android/ 

And

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/what-is-other-in-storage. 

Some people use Google Files to help clear clutter.

Other options are available.

I use the optimisation tool in the phone's settings to help clear up things and I manually delete unused items like...

• Notes.
  • Texts.
  • Tones.
  • MMS Messages.
  • Photos and videos or more them to Dropbox etc.
  • Unused or rarely used apps.

Also I use > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

You can go into Settings and Apps and disable and or force stop apps you don't use but this won't remove them.

One good tip is to try and future proof your purchase by purchasing  / choosing the largest internal storage capacity one can afford.

I hope that helps.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Masser
Voyager
Options
Oh it helps greatly amd I appreciate all ur help and advixe. I only have 256 on here I could afford the phone with more.
I use Google files and tje phones internal device repair.
I have fb on my ozone which I find handier to have rather than go toy lap top but after a log in there then next time I get a retry message. Which after clearing its cache in device repair I'm able to use fb again but this happens more often than I like.
I've noted the links u have entered in your m3ssage and I'm grateful for those and will log into them as soon as I stop typing.
My other Samsung phone didn't give me as much bother as this one in terms of memory amd it had 256 also.
I do like this phone however.
Again thank u for helping me
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Masser 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "