Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify ruining my battery life - please help

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 04:57 PM)
Cxmarriott
Apprentice
Options
So I got my z flip 3 a couple of weeks ago and it's great, except the battery life. I've been keeping an eye on it and it's not great usually but I've noticed spotify is using a lot more battery than it should. As of today its been 'running' for almost 4 hours in the background, keeping in mind I've probably listened to music for an hour tops. Anyone experienced this before? Or know of a solution?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Cxmarriott
Apprentice
Options
The average is low as I attempted to reinstall the app, yesterday it had been running for over 6 hours in the background
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Click on limit usage, try putting it in sleeping or deep sleeping. The only trouble is that it will stop background activity when you listen to Spotify. Meaning the setting in battery for it to run in the background while screen is off. It may cause it to stop playing.
Cxmarriott
Apprentice
Options
I tried those options but it did what you said and stopped playing when the screen is off. It's an odd bug as I've never seen it with any of my prior devices. Just hoping it's a simple fix
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
If it's causing a real battery drain, then I would uninstall it.
Cxmarriott
Apprentice
Options
I'm getting close to this, trying to save that for a last resort as I get premium for a cheap price, would like to avoid it if possible
0 Likes