Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPenFE

(Topic created on: 29-08-2021 11:25 PM)
dnhb
Apprentice
Options
We know the SPFE doesn't work on the F3 front screen & why; so scribbling a quick note - as I can on my Note9's AoD - with it is out. But a regular rubber-tipped stylus does work even with the SPFE simultaneously touching the screen. However, such a rubber tip attached to the top of the SPFE will not work. What's going on, folks ?
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi @dnhb , I can ask the folks at our end about this one.

Just to make sure I understand what you've discovered: a regular rubber-tipped stylus works on the Z Fold3's cover/front screen, but the same kind of rubber tip attached to the S Pen Fold Edition doesn't?

And any info on the rubber-tipped stylus you used, or did you use a variety of them and get the same result?

dbnb
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've just had an email asking if your reply solved my problem. However on this page (on my PC) it doesn't show the reply I sent you thanking you for your interest and answering your question. So my problem per se hasn't been answered although I guess it might take some time for the people you forwarded my original post to to be able to respond.

0 Likes
dbnb
Journeyman
Options
I've solved the problem. In my ignorance I didn't realise that there needs to be a Capacitive connection between one's hand and the rubber Stylus tip. See my post here https:// www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/ponzet/spfe_with_f3_cover_screen_capability_prototype_v3/?utm_m...
Thanks for your interest anyway 🙂
0 Likes