Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update Stuck (fixed)

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 11:51 PM)
TazTheKitsune
Journeyman
Options
I have an issue with the newly released update. It get stuck. And just won't move at all. After a while it says that it failed download. When I get back to it, it shows the same thing.

Worse part is that if you leave it to download, every now and then it kicks you out of your app to go back to that download page.

Please fix this. 

Also yes I tested the safe mode. But nothing.

And no I can't use any other connection as you(samsung) do not allow 5g software update for some reason.... when I have unlimited data.... and a ***** WiFi. (Who can still be used to download and play games.)

Edited: the options provided didn't work
 Because it was the WiFi who was set up in such a way to block anything like this to be downloaded. Now that brings back the issue of not allowing users who had unlimited mobile data to download over 5g. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TazTheKitsune
Journeyman
Options
Smartswitch on PC is buggy. And was stuck at checking files for ever. Not a better solution. But different location with better WiFi fix it.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate your viewpoint on what type of connection was allowed to be used to update. 

For a while I could only update while on Wi-Fi,  however recently I can now update on mobile data _ I use 4G or 4G+

Your phone should allow updating on Wi-Fi as long as it's stable enough.

Have you considered using Samsung Smartswitch ?

If this was my phone I'd try the following.

• Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • As a last resort back up and Factory Reset.
  • Use a Samsung Service Centre.

Would you let us know how you get on @TazTheKitsune 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TazTheKitsune
Journeyman
Options
Only thing I did, is this. I m not factory reseting my phone. Me going through all my stuff again. No thanks.Screenshot_20221209_083254_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
TazTheKitsune
Journeyman
Options
Ok now it's stuck on this. Why..... 20221209_122556_1000001499_1670588757.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
TazTheKitsune
Journeyman
Options
Smartswitch on PC is buggy. And was stuck at checking files for ever. Not a better solution. But different location with better WiFi fix it.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @TazTheKitsune  Glad you finally got this sorted with  a more stable wifi connection.  in the event of problems though wiping the cache partition can help and this does not involve the loss of any data but the temporary files are deleted.  Factory Resetting is the last resort but sometimes necessary for some issues  (even it it can be a bit of a hassle ) Obviously Data needs to be backed up before performing this task.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
TazTheKitsune
Journeyman
Options
Your smartswitch app for laptop is under performing. It was very buggy. And closing the app caused it to not respond for a few seconds (10/40s.
0 Likes